DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Inspire 2 falls out of the sky due to forced updates

adiru

Reactions
see here: WARNING INSPIRE 2 fell out of sky WARNING INSPIRE 2 fell out of sky

And here is how to make sure it doesn't happens to you

My tips on how to stop DJI Mavic from forced firmware and app updates. • /r/djimavic

-----

My reply to OP:

Sorry to hear this. It seems like this forced update problem is getting worse and worse. DJI is reminding me of Toyota's unintended acceleration a while back that killed a lot of people. Had your Inspire crashed on top of someone because of DJI's forced update, DJI would have blood on its hands.

I've been the same victim of these DJI shenanigans. Its time the FTC and FAA get involved. Maybe GoPro can lobby congress.

Reactions: Tok Pilot
I accidentally shut my mavic controller off with the motors at an idol on the ground. I turned the remote back on, and the drone flew up to my roof, breaking two props...would this be hardware or something in the computer? (I don't have latest firmware)

Last edited:
I accidentally shut my mavic controller off with the motors at an idol on the ground. I turned the remote back on, and the drone flew up to my roof, breaking two props...would this be hardware or something in the computer? (I don't have latest firmware)
you just said you turned the remote controller off... i think its USER error. it probably did what its suppose to do when the remote turns off and back on while blades spinning ..."climb"

you just said you turned the remote controller off... i think its USER error. it probably did what its suppose to do when the remote turns off and back on while blades spinning ..."climb"
Yes I figured out it tried to RTH (my set altitude is 90m) so it tried to climb there.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan