DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic 3 OEМ vs MAS props sound

If there is any difference in the sound at all (I can’t hear a difference), it’s so slight that it doesn’t matter. If the difference can only be perceived with the assistance of some sort of device and not by the human ear alone, who cares? I bought the MAS props based on their reputation, and so far I have yet to see any advantage over OEM props.

The noise is the same as OEM in my opinion. Keeping OEM.

Reactions: alex_markov
personally, I had nothing but issues on the air2 and air2s when I tried to use the props, also I didn't notice performance gain or noise difference, even 51 drone tested and they were pretty much the same as the original, don't risk your $3k drone over $30...therefor they are garbage.

Reactions: zeusfl
MAS props are garbage
I have owned MAS props for just about every DJI drone. They are far from garbage and have given me some definite improvements in flight time, power, and performance on past models. On the Phantom 4 Pro they are a huge improvement over the OEM props.

I purchased the new MAS props for the Mavic 3 not expecting much improvement over the stock props, DJI has been getting better at prop design and the gimbal bra/ prop holder on the M3 doesn't leave much room for something radically different.

To my eye the stock props and MAS props for the M3 are shaped almost the same. I did a hover test on the Master Airscrew props for the M3 and got a flight time of just about exactly 35 minutes to 10% battery..... nothing to write home about there. I have yet to do a hover test with OEM props.

The sound of the MAS props is more pleasing to my ears and has a slightly lower pitch. The indoor test done above doesn't reflect my experience outdoors. The sound difference is more pronounced outdoors without the hard acoustics of a room.

I like my new props and would buy them again because I like the colors, but as expected they are very similar to OEM so anyone on the fence looking for a miracle upgrade shouldn't be in a hurry to buy these.

For me, OEM's looks better (mate finish and orange tips are far better than those shiny surfaces) but this is personal taste. I did this test and found no huge difference in sound if any for flight behavior I can not see a difference either as I do not notice it and made no tests ... but will use them for now as I am lazy to swap OEM's back for now ;) :)

I have owned MAS props for just about every DJI drone. They are far from garbage and have given me some definite improvements in flight time, power, and performance on past models. On the Phantom 4 Pro they are a huge improvement over the OEM props.

I purchased the new MAS props for the Mavic 3 not expecting much improvement over the stock props, DJI has been getting better at prop design and the gimbal bra/ prop holder on the M3 doesn't leave much room for something radically different.

To my eye the stock props and MAS props for the M3 are shaped almost the same. I did a hover test on the Master Airscrew props for the M3 and got a flight time of just about exactly 35 minutes to 10% battery..... nothing to write home about there. I have yet to do a hover test with OEM props.

The sound of the MAS props is more pleasing to my ears and has a slightly lower pitch. The indoor test done above doesn't reflect my experience outdoors. The sound difference is more pronounced outdoors without the hard acoustics of a room.

I like my new props and would buy them again because I like the colors, but as expected they are very similar to OEM so anyone on the fence looking for a miracle upgrade shouldn't be in a hurry to buy these.
Does the gimbal/bra/prop holder still fit properly over the MAS props?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Black Wolf