DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic 3 V2.0

I'm not sure what the V2 version is suppose to be, just a firmware difference or is there some physical difference? In any event, you can now only buy M3 or M3 Cine used or refurbished.

Either the DJI rep who responded to me is uninformed or they just have an inexplicable policy, as if they don't want to make sales to certain people.

Maybe they don't have separate US and EU subsidiaries so they don't care where you purchase the product.

I do wonder what the enforcement is going to be like. Only time I've been accosted about flying my drone in Europe was in France last year. I was in an area which was clear in the French Geoportail map. But some policemen on bikes told me that I would have to get written permission from the town and the province. As far as I could tell there are no such requirements in the place where I was in.

I'd also heard that in Spain, enforcement was aggressive, with police scanning for unauthorizing drone flights and such. But I cleared permission with some local police agencies and aerodromes for Ronda and Toledo ahead of time.

I'm not looking to fly over city centers or other obviously prohibited areas. So I haven't faced police or onlookers challenging my flying in certain areas except the one incident in Menton waterfront.
Most people are under the impression that EASA rules are Europe-wide and that every member state enforces only in accordance with them. Not so. Various countries have their own twists and additions, Croatia and Spain, for example, so the C1 sticker isn't a pan-European 'get-out-of-jail-free' card.

The incident with the police telling you the requirement for written permission will become the norm with the introduction of the EU GZM that DJI (and all other drones) will have to display and constantly update every time the drone is powered up before flight.

18 months ago, member state governments were instructed to start identifying geographical areas they required to be displayed as locked on the new EU GZM, this instruction was devolved down to regional and local government entities, who could choose where they wanted to restrict drone flight. These new regulations will begin to be implemented as of Jan. 1st 2024.

Last edited:
I contacted EASA and asked about flying C1 drones which don't have the C1 label, because DJI doesn't send the labels to an address outside of EU countries.

Here is the response I got.

So if you don't have a class mark, it's A1 but has to be under 20g?

That must be a typo.

That's definitely a typo. In A1 you can operate C1 drones = below 900 gramm.

Screen-01.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13