DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic Air 2 crash : entire leg or small piece replacement?

FlyFlyFlyNFly

Reactions
Hello,

I have crashed my Mavic Air2 last week-end ; and the piece on the picture is broken.
For people who has already met a similar situation, does it mean I have to change the entire leg or can this small be found independently? and if the small piece can be changed , what is its name ?

Thanks for any insights you may have !

FlySkyNBeyond

Attachments

• dronepiecebroken.png
    dronepiecebroken.png
    929.8 KB · Views: 35
It is broken. From the picture the while plastic (on the right) shows the clip of the piece being damaged. Also there is another one broken too.

It is broken. From the picture the while plastic (on the right) shows the clip of the piece being damaged. Also there is another one broken too.
Check eBay for replacement parts. It “looks” like you might be able to just change out that piece, BUT, you might have to buy a whole arm just to get that one piece. Good luck !

Check eBay for replacement parts. It “looks” like you might be able to just change out that piece, BUT, you might have to buy a whole arm just to get that one piece. Good luck !
Thank you. thats A very good point. Could buy a cheap second hand leg and get this clipping part out and put it there. Should be simpler than replacing the entire leg . Great idea , thank you !!!

I'd be inclined to snap it into place and secure it with a dot of glue on the exterior, if required. The piece is just a cap over the motor and a place to mount a light. It bears no structural loads. If it ever became necessary to access the motor, it would be a simple matter to file the dot of glue off.

Thank you. thats A very good point. Could buy a cheap second hand leg and get this clipping part out and put it there. Should be simpler than replacing the entire leg . Great idea , thank you !!!
I'd be inclined to snap it into place and secure it with a dot of glue on the exterior, if required. The piece is just a cap over the motor and a place to mount a light. It bears no structural loads. If it ever became necessary to access the motor, it would be a simple matter to file the dot of glue off.
Thank you. That’s also a very good proposal , I will try it ! Looks like my flying time is soon again 😀

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas