Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic Air 3 drop?

BSauce955

Inspire or be Inspired
Approved Vendor
Reactions
Woke up to this in my email. Mavic Air 3?IMG_0772.png

Yep, the specs are already available on the net.

Performance wise seems good, but it lost the so called 1" sensor, which is a shame. Now you have a 24mm and a 70mm 35mm equivalent cameras, like the M3 with the 3 cameras, but both sensors are 1/1.3", which are basically two Mini 3 sensors.

Performance wise seems good, but it lost the so called 1" sensor, which is a shame. Now you have a 24mm and a 70mm 35mm equivalent cameras, like the M3 with the 3 cameras, but both sensors are 1/1.3", which are basically two Mini 3 sensors.
The Air 3s or 3 Pro will probably fix that.😉

Not sure I would call it a shame. They may be the same size sensor that is in the the Mini 3's
however they have had a year to improve on the sensor technology.we will know in only a few days
how the cameras perform.Prediction will perform as good as a 1" sensor,maybe better.

Not sure I would call it a shame. They may be the same size sensor that is in the the Mini 3's
however they have had a year to improve on the sensor technology.we will know in only a few days
how the cameras perform.Prediction will perform as good as a 1" sensor,maybe better.

Not really, maybe for video (intended for YT or instagram) there's not much of a difference, for photo the bigger the better, specially on those super small sensors drones use where even the one on the M3 is small compared to the 35mm digital photography standard, but ofc, it's a tradeoff for flying.

Given the standard that has settled the M3 with it's 4/3 at just 900g, (even mounts an aditiona exploration tele), I wouldn't pick anything less than that.

Bigger sensor = less noise and less diffraction, there hasn't been any revolutionary new way to do sensor in the latter years. Autofocus has seen a revolution in the latter years, but image quality is about the same, My R6 is not noticeable better than my 6D, yep, you can bring up the shadows a little more and has a bit less noise, but printed at 20x30 side by side no one could tell which is which.

But R6 autofocus to the eye... yeah, that's totally a game changer compared to the 6D.

If you print a pic from a Mini 3, a pic from an Air2S and one form a M3 I can totally tell which is which. Same on bigger sensors, anyone can tell the difference between a pic taken with a digital medium format form one taken with a 35mm one.

Last edited:
Reactions: rp6 and js47
Seeing this is just my personal opinion,for still photos in bright daylight conditions,all three of the
drones you mentioned are close in quality,however in low light conditions the larger sensor wins out
with the increased light gathering ability.So I fully expect the new Air 3 cameras to outperform the
two year old 1" sensor on the Air2s.So much whining about the Air 3 not having a 1" sensor.DJI must
have had a very good reason for going with the 1/1.3 size sensors.Otherwise they would have put a 1" sensor on the Air 3.And if they would have put a 1"sensor on the Air 3 something would have been
wrong with that too.
If you get a good Mavic 3 pro 4/3 main camera,There has been enough issues that owners are having
as in some owners exchanging theirs multiple times,before they get one that is OK.
A little off topic here I know.
Not really, maybe for video (intended for YT or instagram) there's not much of a difference, for photo the bigger the better, specially on those super small sensors drones use where even the one on the M3 is small compared to the 35mm digital photography standard, but ofc, it's a tradeoff for flying.

Given the standard that has settled the M3 with it's 4/3 at just 900g, (even mounts an aditiona exploration tele), I wouldn't pick anything less than that.

Bigger sensor = less noise and less diffraction, there hasn't been any revolutionary new way to do sensor in the latter years. Autofocus has seen a revolution in the latter years, but image quality is about the same, My R6 is not noticeable better than my 6D, yep, you can bring up the shadows a little more and has a bit less noise, but printed at 20x30 side by side no one could tell which is which.

But R6 autofocus to the eye... yeah, that's totally a game changer compared to the 6D.

If you print a pic from a Mini 3, a pic from an Air2S and one form a M3 I can totally tell which is which. Same on bigger sensors, anyone can tell the difference between a pic taken with a digital medium format form one taken with a 35mm one.
Too many issues with the 4/3 sensor on the Mavic 3 pro,as multiple owners have stated.
Funny thing is no one is complaining about the 70mm 1/1.3 inch camera on the very same model.
Hmmm,wonder why, could it be that it is a very good sensor,and probably when the Air 3 reviews
start coming in find out it will out perform the Air 2s in camera quality,I know people will laugh at this.
I do think we will be in for a surprise when the reviews start coming in.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saikiran Villa