DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic Antenna Upgrades now Available @ Maxx UAV!

I would like to see a video posting of before and after results. Seems like it would be easy to fly it out a ways without the extender, and then attach them, to show the boost in signal. Or if you had two Mavics, run them on the same route - one without, and one with them. Would be very interested if it shows a meaningful boost. I dont even fly great distances, I just want to ensure rock solid coverage where I live and reduce any chance of dropping signal.

Reactions: YellowJacket
I would be very interested in some videos.

1) How directional is this antenna?
2) Will this have any effect on range in a more urban or not an open field, LOS range?
3) Can you offer it in black to match the controller or can it be painted without issues?
4) Maybe I missed this, but install instructions and or video (that might answer other questions).
5) When you don't want to lug around the big plate antenna, do you have smaller antennas to screw on (as I'm sure the stock ones will not work) and how would those rate to the stock ones. Basically can you easily jump from a long range antenna to a stock range antenna with ease and without range loss. I'm assuming there might be some problems with this after the stock antennas are removed.

Reactions: RAMJET-1
Whats the installation process? Im assuming you will have to open the controller up. Which voids warantee?

Reactions: anhtu402
Whats the installation process? Im assuming you will have to open the controller up. Which voids warantee?

Yeah I would assume the same. I have installed anteanns before on other controllers and the wiring pigtail in their picture looks pretty standard.

Only thing I'm not sure of but have a guess is that the stock antennas are hard wired and need to be unplugged right from the board and two holes need to be drilled to fit the external antenna connectors. That part seems easy. But yes opening the stock remote, and drilling out bigger holes for the antenna jacks should void all warranty on the remote at least.

Remote is not covered by Care Refresh anyways. FYI, just stock warr.

Reactions: anhtu402
I did this mod on my P3 and it was pretty straight forward, the stock antennas are hardwired but just unplug from the main-board. Having to drill out the holes depends on the design of the SMA mounts provided. Screw on dipole antennas are available if you remove the panel antenna. You will get an increase in LOS range as well as an increase in signal penetration closer in (buildings and trees) The width of the signal pattern varies with design but is around 30º-40º but keeping the antenna pointed at the quad is easy using the radar. I would only do this mod if you plan on a lot of long distance flying, or you fly around strong interference or in an urban area with lots of obstructions. As the Mavic has about twice the native range as my P3 did I don't feel the need for more. If you are worried about portability just get another controller to mod.

Reactions: ZALEXANDERK
Yeah I would assume the same. I have installed anteanns before on other controllers and the wiring pigtail in their picture looks pretty standard.

Only thing I'm not sure of but have a guess is that the stock antennas are hard wired and need to be unplugged right from the board and two holes need to be drilled to fit the external antenna connectors. That part seems easy. But yes opening the stock remote, and drilling out bigger holes for the antenna jacks should void all warranty on the remote at least.

Remote is not covered by Care Refresh anyways. FYI, just stock warr.

If that's the case I'd rather send mine in and have the company of the product install and provide their own warrantee.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I did this mod on my P3 and it was pretty straight forward, the stock antennas are hardwired but just unplug from the main-board. Having to drill out the holes depends on the design of the SMA mounts provided.

Yup. I've also done this with my P3P (boosted and unboosted). And as you've said, it's straight forward. The only problem I've had was with the cheap plastic material of the remote. The screw posts kept cracking and breaking. I did the "clean" install that does not require any drilling.

I've seen a video, or two, of Mavic controllers being taken apart and it does not look as simple and straight forward as the P3 remotes. Here's one:

If there are positive reviews and installation videos, I may give this a try with my P3P's ITE-DB02 antenna using MAXX UAV's conversion kit.

Jake, would the MaxxRange antenna work with this mod too? I also have that for my P3P and it works great!

Last edited:
Reactions: UBCNME
Yup. I've also done this with my P3P (boosted and unboosted). And as you've said, it's straight forward. The only problem I've had was with the cheap plastic material of the remote. The screw posts kept cracking and breaking. I did the "clean" install that does not require any drilling.

I've seen a video, or two, of Mavic controllers being taken apart and it does not look as simple and straight forward as the P3 remotes. Here's one:

If there are positive reviews and installation videos, I may give this a try with my P3P's ITE-DB02 antenna using MAXX UAV's conversion kit.

Jake, would the MaxxRange antenna work with this mod too? I also have that for my P3P and it works great!

Thanks for the info and video I have just now watched a few. I also see on his site they do have the 5dbi antennas I could add to the kit (Or I'm sure I can get my own from anywhere) but he seems to have everything in white. If he had everything in black I would be in right now. Just to much Phantom products he has it seems.

I believe in them Panels no matter who's name is on them .From doing all the test runs with mine though unless you are going to do a battery mod it is not needed . IMO
This was 6 miles .
Let me add that I would have got my panels from Jake but at the time I got mine he didn't offer the 2.4 & 5.8 ones .

Last edited:
I believe in them Panels no matter who's name is on them .From doing all the test runs with mine though unless you are going to do a battery mod it is not needed . IMO
This was 6 miles .
Let me add that I would have got my panels from Jake but at the time I got mine he didn't offer the 2.4 & 5.8 ones .

Currently I don't have open land like you do in this video. Sometimes I can't get more then .5 mile out from my house (depending on direction) altho in the desert I have no problem with a few miles and never tried max there. So my use of this antenna would be to try and get a bit more range in a crowded skyspace vs. trying to get more then 4 miles out and need a battery mod. I'm just not sure how much or if this will help at all in my type of environment.

Currently I don't have open land like you do in this video. Sometimes I can't get more then .5 mile out from my house (depending on direction) altho in the desert I have no problem with a few miles and never tried max there. So my use of this antenna would be to try and get a bit more range in a crowded skyspace vs. trying to get more then 4 miles out and need a battery mod. I'm just not sure how much or if this will help at all in my type of environment.
Not my video and I only fly long in the country but I fly from a hill so I'm flying low but the hollow drops .

I bet before it's over with someone will add some type of amp to one .
Why.....Cause we wild and crazy guys :)
wild and crazy guts right.gif

Reactions: LakeTravis
imho
excessive

[ik-ses-iv]

adjective

1. going beyond the usual, necessary, or proper limit or degree; characterized by excess.

OK
wild crazy guys left.gif We go back ;)

Hey guys, we now have products available for the DJI Mavic Pro at MaxxUAV.com to help increase your range!
Attached are some of the products we've added.
Hello Jake are you looking at any Battery mods for the Mavic. I just took mine out and run out of battery before signal. I turned around at little over 25k feet. ended up landing about 2500 ft from take off. That is a nice clean install setup. I still have my maxx from my P3a. I'm trying to get some where before Dirty Bum moving over here too.......;)

Reactions: dirkclod
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1