DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic controller + Google Pixel XL?

kaitlyn

Reactions
I've seen a few discussions about the normal Pixel, but I've got the Mavic on order and own a Pixel XL (with a case).

Does the Pixel XL fit in the controller? Would it fit with a minimal case on it? Any issues with the app?

I previously used a Nexus 7 with my Phantom 4, but sold both plus the mavic controller doesn't hold a tablet :(

The Mavic remote controller can hold devices that are between 0.25-0.33 inches in thickness. The Google Pixel XL is 0.33 inches thick. With a case on it, you'd have to modify the remote controller like this or this. Or, use some kind of mobile device mount.

The Mavic remote controller can hold devices that are between 0.25-0.33 inches in thickness. The Google Pixel XL is 0.33 inches thick. With a case on it, you'd have to modify the remote controller like this or this. Or, use some kind of mobile device mount.

Hmm, thanks. Definitely one oddity of the DJI controller. Fine that they decided not to make it tablet size, but surely MOST (as in most, factually) use a phone WITH a case... seems kinda weird to me :(

Yes, I don't know why it's designed for a phone without a case. The sides of the remote controller holder are very sturdy when positioned into place. With my iPhone in an Otterbox case, I just press both sides of the remote controller holder against the sides of my phone and it holds it in place just fine.

I just got my Mavic Pro in yesterday. Charged everything, went to try to open both DJI Go and/or Go 4. Go 4 never can get connected and the Go older version just loops in circles in "agreeing with terms" and trying to connect. There's no stopping it either. I have to power off my phone and can't ever get connected. Sys/Software error on remote. For $1k, their software and support is piss poor to say the least. Try contacting DJI support if you want an even more hilarious event.

So, should I return my Mavic or go buy an iPhone to use DJI's software? Or, just maybe go with a company that has support. Think I'll be kicking back my Mavic that took months on end to get to me (thanks DJI, awesome as usual) and go with an Autel just to get away from so much frustration and an overly priced product that can't work without their crappy software. Kinda pissed actually.

I just got my Mavic Pro in yesterday. Charged everything, went to try to open both DJI Go and/or Go 4. Go 4 never can get connected and the Go older version just loops in circles in "agreeing with terms" and trying to connect. There's no stopping it either. I have to power off my phone and can't ever get connected. Sys/Software error on remote. For $1k, their software and support is piss poor to say the least. Try contacting DJI support if you want an even more hilarious event.

So, should I return my Mavic or go buy an iPhone to use DJI's software? Or, just maybe go with a company that has support. Think I'll be kicking back my Mavic that took months on end to get to me (thanks DJI, awesome as usual) and go with an Autel just to get away from so much frustration and an overly priced product that can't work without their crappy software. Kinda pissed actually.

Which device? Pixel XL? People have said they are using the pixel with the mavic without issue...

Which device? Pixel XL? People have said they are using the pixel with the mavic without issue...

I have a Pixel XL. Not that there should be much difference. When I power up my mavic, then remote and then Go App, the app shows the drone on the first page and immediately loops to accept their terms, then back and forth until I kill it. Every so often, when I just keep tapping the phone, it will let me into the app but of course, I can't go about doing much of anything without it kicking back to terms and agreements.

Pretty frustrating experience. I had to put both down for a few and I'm searching to see if anyone else is having these issues. Not much is installed on my Pixel and this is the first DJI product I've owned. Might be the last as well. Lol.

Too bad, looks like others are having fun.

I've got an iPhone I'm going to try. It's a 6s with a cracked screen but if it works properly on that, I'll buy an iPad Mini and the add on brackets. I'd be interested to hear if anyone else is using it. The Go 4 software was much more stable but I can't seem to update firmware with it. Looks like half the options are gone in Go 4 than the small time I could see Go on an iPhone.

Maybe I'll fly my $1k toy one of these days. Lol. Sorry, been a frustrating day so I'm a little bitter to say the least. It doesn't help that you can never get a hold of DJI. They had better step up their game because other companies, U.S. and Chinese are going to catch up on the technology side and when that happens, bye bye DJI, IF they don't make a bit more effort to help the customers who spend money to buy their products.

It seems a bit troubling and amazing that they can make such a nice product, then spend so little time and effort to ensure their software isn't so buggy, it makes their products value next to nothing. In the day and age where almost anyone can develop an app, the biggest company can barely get it to work?! I have my doubts about DJI's products after reading Phantom's are falling from the sky without user error.

I've got an iPhone I'm going to try. It's a 6s with a cracked screen but if it works properly on that, I'll buy an iPad Mini and the add on brackets. I'd be interested to hear if anyone else is using it. The Go 4 software was much more stable but I can't seem to update firmware with it. Looks like half the options are gone in Go 4 than the small time I could see Go on an iPhone.

Maybe I'll fly my $1k toy one of these days. Lol. Sorry, been a frustrating day so I'm a little bitter to say the least. It doesn't help that you can never get a hold of DJI. They had better step up their game because other companies, U.S. and Chinese are going to catch up on the technology side and when that happens, bye bye DJI, IF they don't make a bit more effort to help the customers who spend money to buy their products.

It seems a bit troubling and amazing that they can make such a nice product, then spend so little time and effort to ensure their software isn't so buggy, it makes their products value next to nothing. In the day and age where almost anyone can develop an app, the biggest company can barely get it to work?! I have my doubts about DJI's products after reading Phantom's are falling from the sky without user error.

Have a link to those brackets you mentioned for ipad mini?

I think for anyone who intends to use a device aside from an iPhone, you can expect issues. I contacted DJI who stated they would not support any other device but an iPhone, but stated their app "may work outside of iOS". I kind of laughed as it limits their market to less than half the population in the U.S. and who knows how much elsewhere.

Going to pick up an Autel today from Best Buy. I've heard great things about those drones, especially for the price. Might keep the Mavic but I'm pretty grounded right now, so there's not much use for it. I can't base my phone buying decisions on the type of drone I might buy. Lol.

Best of luck to the rest who are in the same boat.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998