DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic pro lost Video feed with DJI Go and 4 app. Litchi any better?

Should I return the whole drone to DJI for a new one?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wait for new firmware or app update

• Switch to litchi

• Switch to Autopilot

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Native Hawk eye

Reactions
I've lost video feed to my Mavic a few times now when the app crashes. I also noticed I'm not the only one. Some have different theories for this event so I wanted to share how it happens in my case and hopefully shed some light on the issue and hopefully get this resolved.

Here are some theories I've read from others having this issue: Wifi moduel overheating, DJI Go app - DJI Go 4 App - Bad firmware- SD card-
Some have returned it and got a new one from DJI. I'm curious if the Litchi app would help so I'm curious if anybody using the litchi app has encountered this issue.

Please take the poll!!​

Last edited:
Not enough info here. The main reason people are having apps crashing is incompatible android based devices. The fragmentation of android software has been an issue for DJI, Litchi may have similar issues.

Not enough info here. The main reason people are having apps crashing is incompatible android based devices. The fragmentation of android software has been an issue for DJI, Litchi may have similar issues.

I was thinking it might be a cell phone issue too.. I know there's a thread on it for Phantoms and a few inspires also..

I personally think it is an app issue. I have two android devices, and I constantly loose signal within the app using DJI Go 4 on both. Using DJI Go 3, I hardly ever drop the signal or have any issues. I really wish DJI would just let us keep using the Go 3 app, but every time I start it up, I get the little popup warning reminding me that DJI will stop supporting Go 3 for the Mavic in February, so they are basically forcing us to use DJI Go 4. I really don't understand why, since the problems with 4 seem to be pretty widespread, and 3 works just fine.

Reactions: Native Hawk eye
Ya IOS is the way to go. Ive never had an issue with my iphone but the only time i dried an android tablet it failed. Mavic used ios for r&d and it shows. Get urself an iphone6s+

Ya IOS is the way to go. Ive never had an issue with my iphone but the only time i dried an android tablet it failed. Mavic used ios for r&d and it shows. Get urself an iphone6s+

I may look around for a Ipad mini. Thanks for your input.

Reactions: sonof40
My DJI 4.0 app crashes all the time. The Mavic just hovers until i start it up again.
When you do (With android 7.0 especially) make sure to tap "USB connection type" every time and select file tranfer

Find App crashes less if flying in Airplane mode.

I've just started using Litchi which is fine. No better or worse for Non waypoint stuff.

I could swear the Gimbal is smoother on DJI Go 4.0, but Like I said I've just started with it

Reactions: Native Hawk eye
My DJI 4.0 app crashes all the time. The Mavic just hovers until i start it up again.
When you do (With android 7.0 especially) make sure to tap "USB connection type" every time and select file tranfer

Find App crashes less if flying in Airplane mode.

I've just started using Litchi which is fine. No better or worse for Non waypoint stuff.

I could swear the Gimbal is smoother on DJI Go 4.0, but Like I said I've just started with it
Thanks. Im looking into an ipad mini or a new phone. Honestly cant wait for the goggles.

Sent from my LGMS550 using MavicPilots mobile app

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998