DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic Pro Wobbly Footage

OnewheelerSA

Reactions
I recently purchased a Mavic Pro, and noticed that some of my footage has a side by side wobble in it.
I have contacted DJI and they suggested I send it back however I am convinced it is not a defective product and rather a software issue.
I have done the gimbal and IMU calibration and refreshed the firmware on both the RC and drone.
Has anyone seen this issue and have any recommendation of a fix?

View media item 753

What I see could be a couple things. My guess would be a sensor with too much "freeplay" or "hysteresis" In other words it does not send a clean signal to the gimbal control and the gimbal control attempts to stabilize on that signal but when it homes in the sensor sends another "bad" location. The second thing could be a mechanical issue with the same sort of problems as a sensor. Freeplay and hysteresis. In either case software will most likely not fix it. JMHO

Thanks so much for your response. I take it from what you are saying that either way I would need to send it in for repairs?

If you have tried all calibrations possible, installing latest firmware (or reinstalling it) , factory settings default etc, then you can't do anything else from a software perspective. I hope you have luck with DJI support, if you decide to send it in.

Thanks, haven't decided what I'm doing about it yet. Hopefully I am able to get it solved if I do send it in.

I am afraid as Peros stated if you have done all the installs and calibrations, you have the latest software. So all that is left are electrical or mechanical problems with the gimbal.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998