DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI may allow large enterprise users to opt out of Geo if they are willing to pay $$$$$

So what do you actually want? DJI to just allow their users to disable GEO block because there's a error at a particular spot. Just because some one is a Part 107 pilot, it doesn't mean they'll stick with the rules all the time. Licensed or not, some people will push the boundaries. Just because a driver has a driver's license it doesn't that driver won't speed, DUI, etc.
Nobody should expect the GEO v2 to be perfect. You expect DJI has the whole world's airspace perfectly mapped? Google hasn't got the world's land map perfectly mapped.
DJI restriction is more restrictive than FAA's restriction is better than the opposite, don't you think? That way, they wont get into trouble with FAA.

I want to be able to fly my drones where I am legally allowed to fly. If I get permission from the FAA via LAANC that should be enough.

Just like I want to be able to drive where I am legally allowed to drive without asking anyones permission or fly a Cessna 172 anywhere I am legally allowed to fly it without asking permission.

The FAA does NOT require any drone company to do stuff like GEO. I think it is a good idea for the recreational users because many of them don't understand the NAS.

I see you are in Australia and maybe you don't understand all the laws in the US or the hoops the people in the US have to go through to get certified to fly drones commercially.

I want to be able to fly my drones where I am legally allowed to fly. If I get permission from the FAA via LAANC that should be enough.

Just like I want to be able to drive where I am legally allowed to drive without asking anyones permission or fly a Cessna 172 anywhere I am legally allowed to fly it without asking permission.

The FAA does NOT require any drone company to do stuff like GEO. I think it is a good idea for the recreational users because many of them don't understand the NAS.

I see you are in Australia and maybe you don't understand all the laws in the US or the hoops the people in the US have to go through to get certified to fly drones commercially.

In most jurisdictions we have to jump through (expensive) hoops to fly commercially.

I think the one thing that seems unique to the US is the millions of tiny airfields, heliports, strips of grass that people deem to be airfields (or not) etc.

The UK is much more ambiguous about where it is an is not ok to fly but even where there is some obscure byelaw or private landowner restriction, GEO tends not to interfere.

I have also flown very close to a reasonably busy commercial airport (but outside the 1km no fly zone) and GEO did warn of its proximity but let me fly after confirming it was not DJI’s fault if I downed an airliner.

I’m ok with an app warning me and essentially getting me to tick a disclaimer but yes it would get annoying if it was doing it all the time.

This though I think is a separate issue to enterprise level companies being able to buy an opt-out.

Good grief. In the post where I showed the map I made it very clear that Wings N Things was in a Warning Area and the place doesn't exist and has never existed. You then posted the map with warnings area unselected. Please read the post in its entirety if you are going to try and prove me wrong.

Yes, the warning areas are just informational but there are a TON that are wrong. This results in the DJI Go 4 app given constant warnings that are wrong. This is like the child who called wolf and will result is people just ignoring them.

I also said that Geo V2 has only been out a month or so and because of the weather in Colorado I have not had a chance to really test it but given the history with Geo V1 I have low expectations that V2 will be perfect.

If DJI can't get the warnings area right I have low expectations that they will get the restricted or the authorized areas right.

If you look at the Geo V2 maps you will see there are altitude restrictions which are much more restrictive than FAA restrictions which will result in Part 107 pilots needing to ask permission from DJI to fly in perfectly legal locations and even class G locations.

This discussion is completely pointless. So you can't find anything actually preventing you from flying, but you insist on asserting that you are quite certain that it will because you don't like the informational warning zones. I suggest you come back when you actually find a problem rather than wasting time speculating.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Igwe3