DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji mini 3 low light video, auto settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks good.
Be wary of public youtube channel with BVLOS and night flying. Its CASA’s number one tool for issuing fines 😉

Ok, thanks for advice, I thought u could fly 1 hour after sunset. and with a mini u can fly at night with a strobe light? I sold my mav and bought a mini thinking u could fly it in more places, being under 250g? It's a bit confusing.

Last edited:
As in most night videos, you can see it is totally mushy, it looks like a 720p video due to the drone's denoiser :(

As in most night videos, you can see it is totally mushy, it looks like a 720p video due to the drone's denoiser :(
Yup, im assuming it was filmed in 30fps or lower.
Various tests have now shown far less noise reduction and mush in 48fps or higher at ISOs over 500.

Yup, im assuming it was filmed in 30fps or lower.
Various tests have now shown far less noise reduction and mush in 48fps or higher at ISOs over 500.
Yes, it was 30, haven't done low light
vids before, I left it on same day settings. So u think it would of been better with a higher frame rate, that's good to know.

There's more than a few dollars worth of craft berthed there. Nice flying!
Thanks, yes, a few nice vessels there.
The marina hasn't been open long, only at 50% capacity. Have been waiting 25 years for this marina to be built, its nice having it within walking distance.

Yes, it was 30, haven't done low light
vids before, I left it on same day settings. So u think it would of been better with a higher frame rate, that's good to know.
If you watch Philip Bloom's review and follow up he's fairly clear on his samples that the noise reduction kicks in above ISO 500 much more severely for 30fps and lower than the higher frame rates.

A few others show the same. Ultimately until DJI give the option of selecting or altering it, this is the workaround for low light.

Reactions: Jorgeo65
Ok, thanks for advice, I thought u could fly 1 hour after sunset. and with a mini u can fly at night with a strobe light? I sold my mav and bought a mini thinking u could fly it in more places, being under 250g? It's a bit confusing.
No worries.
Here is a good link for rules
Your an adult so I’m not going to start lecturing you on the regulations but you prob should be aware and certainly not be so public on your opinion that you don’t care about rule
You also have a vid flying over a highway 900m away.
As I say, CASA will use you YouTube channel as evidence for fines. They are particularly on the ball at the moment

Just giving you the heads up

Fly safe mate

No worries.
Here is a good link for rules
Your an adult so I’m not going to start lecturing you on the regulations but you prob should be aware and certainly not be so public on your opinion that you don’t care about rule
You also have a vid flying over a highway 900m away.
As I say, CASA will use you YouTube channel as evidence for fines. They are particularly on the ball at the moment

Just giving you the heads up

Fly safe mate
There's not much info on the casa website about drones under 250g, it classifies all drones the same, can only go by U.S information, it's very confusing. I do follow the rules, like most of us do after purchasing a new drone, I like to run it through a few tests, and sharing my thoughts on the new product, hoping some will find it useful. I have asked casa on some clarification on micro drone rules, hopefully will here back from them soon.

Last edited:
I can tell you that regardless of size, you may not fly at night, and you may not fly BVLOS. These rules are not confusing. It may be very well that as a new drone owner you want to run it through some tests. This does not allow you to break laws just so you can post online to show others.
Im not going to get into it any further, as i dont believe in telling others what to do. But if it seems that you dont understand the rules, i would like to help out.
As i have said, you have 2 youtube videos on your channel that clearly show you breaking the law on 2 seperate flights. Its clear that you do NOT follow the rules. Your ability to be unable to understand the rules will not get you out of trouble.
These flights can be done proper authorisation, but as its clear you don’t understand rules, it is just as clear you dont have these authorisations.
I work with CASA regularly and i can tell you that you are at risk of coming under CASA spotlight.

Last edited:
Why are u picking me, and saying I don't care about the rules. When have I ever said that? I ran a few test flights to see how the new bird performs, I recall u saying u will be doing the same thing, but wont post results because of all the whingers.
I truly thought drones under 250g weren't under the same umbrella as heavier drones, and the only info online I could find on micro drones where the ones I posted below. now I know they are wrong. So thanks, I will take down those videos, but why are u coming down so hard on me, when there are plenty of others on this site doing the same thing.

Screenshot_20220527-220716_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
I don't think he is coming down on you hard or anything. He clearly states he is not telling you what to do, and is merely suggesting best course of action while explaining his train of thought. No need to feel attacked.

I don't think he is coming down on you hard or anything. He clearly states he is not telling you what to do, and is merely suggesting best course of action while explaining his train of thought. No need to feel attacked.
it certainly feels that way, there's other people posting about range, I don't see them getting treated this way, I only posted the videos to help people see what this drone can do.

Ok, since the OP has removed the video, there is no reason for this thread to continue.
There are plenty of discussions regarding the rules and regulations in other parts of this forum.

Thread Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
controllesp