DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mini 4 "Aircraft Storage Full" (Code1C001COA) - clearing via Mac not fixing it

jorgie2u

Reactions

Summary​

When powering the DJI RC 2 and pairing it with Mini 4 Pro, the following message appears:
“Aircraft Storage Full Backup File and clear space (Code: 1C001COA)”

Background Info​

When I tap Profile + Settings + Storage, the RC Internal Storage shows 4.5GB/21.6GB (after cleaning all Caches (no SD Card installed in RC; therefore, SD Card location not selectable)

After tapping “Go Fly” + “Camera” + “Storage”;
  • “SD Card” shows:
    • 465.9GB/477.3 GB available
  • “Internal Storage” shows:
    • 5.0MB/2.0GB is available, followed by the “Aircraft internal storage full " popup. Storage location switched to SD Card.” I then tapped “OK” to close the popup.

Attempted Fix​

Following the advice provided in another forum, I connected the Mini 4 Pro to the Mac via USB and deleted all unneeded files, achieving the following:
  • Mini 4 SD_Card info shows:
    • Capacity: 512.7 GB;
    • Available: 500.4 GB
  • Mini 4 InternalSto info shows:
    • Capacity: 2.28 GB;
    • Available: 158.6 MB
      • Note: Using Mac's Finder, this InternalSto location shows two folders
        • DCIM (Size: Zero bytes (Zero bytes on disk) for 2 items
        • MISC (Size: 40,960 bytes (131 KB on disk) for 5 items

Could someone please clarify​

• How can I stop the message “Aircraft Storage Full Backup File and clear space (Code: 1C001COA)” from appearing?
  • Why does the Mini’s InternalSto show that only 158.6 MB remain when Mac’s Finder states that only 131 KB are stored within the MISC folder?
  • How can I safely increase the Mini’s available InternalSto to prevent the “Storage Full” warnings hopefully?
Note: Using Samsung EVO Plus 512GB V30 U3 A2 used on Mini 4 (recommended list)

Reactions: bassnbeau
You can't increase the internal storage, it is fixed. If you don't see anything via the USB connection, something might have gone wrong in freeing up the storage at some point. That should be solved by formatting the internal storage (through the RC2). Given that you have nothing stored on it, it is safe to format - you will not format the drone ;-)

Summary​

When powering the DJI RC 2 and pairing it with Mini 4 Pro, the following message appears:
“Aircraft Storage Full Backup File and clear space (Code: 1C001COA)”

Background Info​

When I tap Profile + Settings + Storage, the RC Internal Storage shows 4.5GB/21.6GB (after cleaning all Caches (no SD Card installed in RC; therefore, SD Card location not selectable)

After tapping “Go Fly” + “Camera” + “Storage”;
  • “SD Card” shows:
    • 465.9GB/477.3 GB available
  • “Internal Storage” shows:
    • 5.0MB/2.0GB is available, followed by the “Aircraft internal storage full " popup. Storage location switched to SD Card.” I then tapped “OK” to close the popup.

Attempted Fix​

Following the advice provided in another forum, I connected the Mini 4 Pro to the Mac via USB and deleted all unneeded files, achieving the following:
  • Mini 4 SD_Card info shows:
    • Capacity: 512.7 GB;
    • Available: 500.4 GB
  • Mini 4 InternalSto info shows:
    • Capacity: 2.28 GB;
    • Available: 158.6 MB
      • Note: Using Mac's Finder, this InternalSto location shows two folders
        • DCIM (Size: Zero bytes (Zero bytes on disk) for 2 items
        • MISC (Size: 40,960 bytes (131 KB on disk) for 5 items

Could someone please clarify​

• How can I stop the message “Aircraft Storage Full Backup File and clear space (Code: 1C001COA)” from appearing?
  • Why does the Mini’s InternalSto show that only 158.6 MB remain when Mac’s Finder states that only 131 KB are stored within the MISC folder?
  • How can I safely increase the Mini’s available InternalSto to prevent the “Storage Full” warnings hopefully?
Note: Using Samsung EVO Plus 512GB V30 U3 A2 used on Mini 4 (recommended list)
Follow Frank's advice and reformat the internal storage. It's likely there's a damaged file in there that's compromising the file allocation table reporting incorrect storage space.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whathesaid