DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mini 4 Pro Launch Video!

Nice drone but unfortunately there is no upgrade path for me as long as the RCPro (O4) solution remains unresolved.

it does appear that the new "small" battery, the one that makes the drone weigh under 250g is NOT cross compatible with the similar battery from the Mini 3 Pro, unlike the larger battery (which appears the same as it ever was and takes both drones over 250g.) I assume the reason is they made the new small battery even lighter because perhaps the Mini 4 Pro is 1 or 2 grams heavier than the Mini 3 Pro? Perhaps it is backwards... perhaps the Mini 4 Pro is lighter and so they made the small battery heavier and the new small battery would bring the Mini 3 Pro over the weight limit? Probably the former rather than the later. The question I haven't seen is if this "lack" of compatibility is really real... can I put my old small battery from the Mini 3 Pro that isn't compatible in the Mini 4 Pro and will it fly or will it recognize the issue and prevent it?

it does appear that the new "small" battery, the one that makes the drone weigh under 250g is NOT cross compatible with the similar battery from the Mini 3 Pro, unlike the larger battery (which appears the same as it ever was and takes both drones over 250g.) I assume the reason is they made the new small battery even lighter because perhaps the Mini 4 Pro is 1 or 2 grams heavier than the Mini 3 Pro? Perhaps it is backwards... perhaps the Mini 4 Pro is lighter and so they made the small battery heavier and the new small battery would bring the Mini 3 Pro over the weight limit? Probably the former rather than the later. The question I haven't seen is if this "lack" of compatibility is really real... can I put my old small battery from the Mini 3 Pro that isn't compatible in the Mini 4 Pro and will it fly or will it recognize the issue and prevent it?
I mentioned this earlier: Mini 4 Pro Packages
That would be interesting, I've never seen accessories that fit but were rejected but I guess it's possible. The new (smaller) battery is labeled 249g but if it does not apply to Mini 3...

Here's a note I found on the DJI store:

* When using the DJI Mini 3 Series Intelligent Flight Battery, DJI Mini 4 Pro’s propulsion performance and flight time will be reduced, and the total weight will exceed 249 g. Always check local laws and regulations before use.

Reactions: Freddygang
I mentioned this earlier: Mini 4 Pro Packages
That would be interesting, I've never seen accessories that fit but were rejected but I guess it's possible. The new (smaller) battery is labeled 249g but if it does not apply to Mini 3...

Here's a note I found on the DJI store:

* When using the DJI Mini 3 Series Intelligent Flight Battery, DJI Mini 4 Pro’s propulsion performance and flight time will be reduced, and the total weight will exceed 249 g. Always check local laws and regulations before use.

ah... at least the battery works if you want to use the old one in the new Mini 4 Pro... it's just it won't still allow the drone to be below 249g despite being labeled that way. I thought they might have some firmware way of locking it out.

Conflicting options on battery compatibility. No doubt an early buyer will be able to actually try it.

Conflicting options on battery compatibility. No doubt an early buyer will be able to actually try it.

I'm sure you are right... I bet this: all Mini 3 Pro batteries work in the Mini 4 Pro and all Mini 4 Pro batteries work in the Mini 3 Pro... the issue is with the "smaller" size batteries that enable these drones to be sub-249... it appears if you use the one from the Mini 3 Pro in the Mini 4 Pro it will work... but be over 249g so they list it as "incompatible" despite it still allowing the drone to function.

I'm sure you are right... I bet this: all Mini 3 Pro batteries work in the Mini 4 Pro and all Mini 4 Pro batteries work in the Mini 3 Pro... the issue is with the "smaller" size batteries that enable these drones to be sub-249... it appears if you use the one from the Mini 3 Pro in the Mini 4 Pro it will work... but be over 249g so they list it as "incompatible" despite it still allowing the drone to function.
Lets see it the other way around. Put the new mini 4 small batterie in the old mini 3 pro. You then have a slightly more powerful drone and lighter one at that. :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d