DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Repair Question (Controller)

VLL

Reactions
My question for this group is whether, to get my controller repaired by DJI, I should also return the drone. Here's the background for why I'm unsure.

Having just gotten my mini 4 pro fly more package this last week, I managed to damage my new RC 2 controller (embarrassingly, I dropped it while tracking myself on a bike, and ran over it with the rear tire of the bike). The left stick is inoperable. Slight cosmetic damage on back. I've already opened a case number to end it to DJI for repair.

The online repair form required the drone serial number. In checking the boxes for what was damaged, there was no option for the controller, so I listed it under other and explained the specific damage in a fill-in box. That generated what a "Case Information" that under Product Information has "Model: DJI Mini 4 Pro" and Product Issue as "Others." Then there is a generic "Recommended return components" paragraph that lists "Battery/Aircraft and Gimbal Protector/Other accessories used with the produce (if any)/Remote Controller/Do not return swollen or leakage batteries/Do not return non-DJI products."

Then I got the UPS label for the shipment. Under "Merchandise Description" it says "DJI RC 2".

My instinct is to return only the controller, not the drone. The form recommending that I return basically everything seems to be generated automatically and not tailored to my specific repair request. If the UPS package is for any reason lost in transit, the listed contents are only the controller, not the drone as well.

Thoughts? Recommendations?

My question for this group is whether, to get my controller repaired by DJI, I should also return the drone. Here's the background for why I'm unsure.

Having just gotten my mini 4 pro fly more package this last week, I managed to damage my new RC 2 controller (embarrassingly, I dropped it while tracking myself on a bike, and ran over it with the rear tire of the bike). The left stick is inoperable. Slight cosmetic damage on back. I've already opened a case number to end it to DJI for repair.

The online repair form required the drone serial number. In checking the boxes for what was damaged, there was no option for the controller, so I listed it under other and explained the specific damage in a fill-in box. That generated what a "Case Information" that under Product Information has "Model: DJI Mini 4 Pro" and Product Issue as "Others." Then there is a generic "Recommended return components" paragraph that lists "Battery/Aircraft and Gimbal Protector/Other accessories used with the produce (if any)/Remote Controller/Do not return swollen or leakage batteries/Do not return non-DJI products."

Then I got the UPS label for the shipment. Under "Merchandise Description" it says "DJI RC 2".

My instinct is to return only the controller, not the drone. The form recommending that I return basically everything seems to be generated automatically and not tailored to my specific repair request. If the UPS package is for any reason lost in transit, the listed contents are only the controller, not the drone as well.

Thoughts? Recommendations?
When I returned a malfunctioning TB30 battery, the repair description said Matrice M30 - even though I just sent the battery back. Just return the controller - the DJI repair bot just fills in general information.

I've never really considered getting a lanyard because I didn't see much use for them. Your post just convinced me otherwise as I'd like to track my wife and I biking at some point in the future.

I'm expecting the return of my Smart Controller today. The controller would not show live feed on the screen for my Air 2s or my Mini 2. I did as you and filled in my description and did not send my drone with the controller. The controller being returned has a different serial number. It could be new or refurbished.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne