DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Service- Incredible!

Reactions
This is the e-mail I received last Friday (February 17th):

Dear DJI Customer,

Thank you for your continued support of DJI!

We wanted to let you know that this is the time to grab that Mavic Pro you've been eying up. This small yet powerful drone will accompany you wherever you go, turning the sky into a blank canvas ripe for your imagination.

Order before February 19th and your new Mavic Pro will ship within 1-3 business days.

I received an e-mail from DJI on Friday. They knew I had been looking to purchase a Mavic Pro and they sent me this as a way to get me to finally purchase one. Okay, I decide to go for it and ordered it that very afternoon, Friday, February 17th. I received a confirmation letter that same day and thought that all was well and that I would be receiving the drone shortly.
There is a link on the confirmation letter I received so that I could check on the progress of the shipment. This morning I checked on the status and did not see any kind of update. Having been subjected to previous incredibly bad customer service (I had to return my Phantom 4 Pro for replacement and was told I would be receiving it within 1-2 weeks and it turned out to be 3-4 weeks), I decided to attempt a Chat Session with Online Sales. I was astounded that there were only 4 people in front of me. I thought, "Wow! maybe customer support has been improved!"
When I was connected with a support technician I questioned whether the shipment date that I was promised was still valid. The agent told me that the unit was going to be delivered anywhere from March 13th- 18th! I asked if her if DJI was going to honor the date that was promised in the e-mail I received? She said that no, it would be in March as they were currently out of stock. I immediately told her to cancel my order. I mean, why have to wait as, if I ordered it from Amazon, I will get it in 3-5 days?
I will mention that this is the 3rd drone I have ordered from DJI (Phantom 4, 4 Pro and now the Mavic). I have never experienced customer service as bad as I have from DJI. Do they not care? They have your hard-earned money, now screw you?

Reactions: joshnl
Promised time lines apparently mean nothing to DJI. Yup... their customer service is the worst.

Promised time lines apparently mean nothing to DJI. Yup... their customer service is the worst.
I really don't know what to do- I've run out of ideas. I thought the best way to get through to them is to cancel my order- which I did.

Wish I had something to tell you man. My experience with them so far has been horrible. To the point where, although there is no doubt they produce the best drone products on the market by far, I will probably never buy anything from them ever again - unless their reputation changes significantly. Just not worth the hassle for what's supposed to be a fun activity, in my opinion.

Yet another verified story of DJI sending out that 'buy now' letter that was outright deceptive. I got sucked in and it was 17 days. Ordered Jan 21 for a 3-5 day ship and it arrived today.

They send out the letter to fill their pipeline for direct sales yet tons of their dealers are left dry.

Said it before.....Tossers the lot of them....

Flying a Mavic Pro with an Acer Iconia One 7" tablet running latest Android OS

Yet another verified story of DJI sending out that 'buy now' letter that was outright deceptive. I got sucked in and it was 17 days. Ordered Jan 21 for a 3-5 day ship and it arrived today.

They send out the letter to fill their pipeline for direct sales yet tons of their dealers are left dry.

Said it before.....Tossers the lot of them....

Flying a Mavic Pro with an Acer Iconia One 7" tablet running latest Android OS

To be fair, they said they ship it within 3-5 days. They don't specify shipping time. I guess coming from China a shipping time of 12 calendar days is not that crazy. Definitely misleading though.

My sympathies to everyone. I'm not sure how DJI works. I ordered my Mavic from their web site in early January and the stated shipping date was 5-7 weeks. I was OK with that because I went in with my eyes wide open and knew of their shipping difficulties. I was expecting it around mid February. Then low and behold, I got a shipping notice and received the Mavic less than 14 days after my order and a month ahead of schedule. I don't know how I got so lucky but I certainly didn't complain.

Put in my pre-order in October with shipping target mid November. Just before Christmas, my lady wanted to by me the DJI Soft case/bag. I ordered it, next thing I know, the Mavic and bag shipped and showed up 5 days later. ( I'm in California as well )

This is the e-mail I received last Friday (February 17th):

Dear DJI Customer,

Thank you for your continued support of DJI!

We wanted to let you know that this is the time to grab that Mavic Pro you've been eying up. This small yet powerful drone will accompany you wherever you go, turning the sky into a blank canvas ripe for your imagination.

Order before February 19th and your new Mavic Pro will ship within 1-3 business days.

I received an e-mail from DJI on Friday. They knew I had been looking to purchase a Mavic Pro and they sent me this as a way to get me to finally purchase one. Okay, I decide to go for it and ordered it that very afternoon, Friday, February 17th. I received a confirmation letter that same day and thought that all was well and that I would be receiving the drone shortly.
There is a link on the confirmation letter I received so that I could check on the progress of the shipment. This morning I checked on the status and did not see any kind of update. Having been subjected to previous incredibly bad customer service (I had to return my Phantom 4 Pro for replacement and was told I would be receiving it within 1-2 weeks and it turned out to be 3-4 weeks), I decided to attempt a Chat Session with Online Sales. I was astounded that there were only 4 people in front of me. I thought, "Wow! maybe customer support has been improved!"
When I was connected with a support technician I questioned whether the shipment date that I was promised was still valid. The agent told me that the unit was going to be delivered anywhere from March 13th- 18th! I asked if her if DJI was going to honor the date that was promised in the e-mail I received? She said that no, it would be in March as they were currently out of stock. I immediately told her to cancel my order. I mean, why have to wait as, if I ordered it from Amazon, I will get it in 3-5 days?
I will mention that this is the 3rd drone I have ordered from DJI (Phantom 4, 4 Pro and now the Mavic). I have never experienced customer service as bad as I have from DJI. Do they not care? They have your hard-earned money, now screw you?

Typical DJI. I mean drone is awesome but they have the worst business practices ever.
I order it on the 28th of Sept, but there was an issue with the address, so ask them to please modify it.
They told me to cancel and reorder because their crappy system didn't allow them to amend the address. I did and they said that my delivery date will be with the new order not the original.

I received the same email and ordered the fly more package the same day. I received tracking and confirmation that my order shipped today. States I will receive on Wednesday. Shipping from Atlanta. I had originally ordered when the mavic was first announced and cancelled my B&h order early December. Let's hope I see my shipment Wednesday.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Be mindful when waiting for your new drone that its arrival is just the beginning of your journey and that one day you may have to return your precious for repair. Let’s say, you only waited six weeks from the moment you placed your order until your brand new precious arrived at your door. I would consider you lucky for getting it so quickly. Well done. During that time, you read the manual, watch the videos, become a forum member and believe you are on the edge of a new adventure, with new friends. You keep the first ten flights in beginner mode, carefully understanding the sensitivities of a technology that gives you a god’s eye view. You even take and pass you Part 107 (92, thank-you very much). Your flight envelope expands. A little knowledge is a dangerous thing. Happy Hour conversations drift into flying in National Airspace and IMU calibrations and all those stupid things being posted showing drones going where they should not go. And though the waterproof case you ordered is back-ordered, you busy yourself nailing down the photo settings and practicing inserting and removing the gimbal lock. A “Remove Before Flight” ribbon may actually help you remember to remove it before flight. The ND filters arrive. You gotta’ have shades for your precious. Those $20 accessories add up. Three weeks later, flight 35, your confidence has increased to try a real flight, shoot real video. By now your checklist for launch has started to cure. You establish a protocol, hover for ten seconds, check your display, then go. “I’ve got this.” And at that moment, Satellite Lock goes from 12 to 0, your precious loses her situational awareness, she drops into ATTI mode and begins to drift quickly away. You have about four seconds to respond. It takes two to react. Unfortunately, not soon enough and precious flies right into harms way. Then it’s time to upload your flight files. This crash cannot be your fault, you say. Maybe it wasn’t, but the reality is, you were still the pilot in command. Time to activate your Care Refresh policy. The privilege of Care Refresh puts you in a different repair line, right? You establish a Case Number, get UPS Label and ship your precious back to her maker. You don’t quibble over paying $79 for the repair because your waterproof case just arrived and you want your precious back. The Repair Status site, which you check everyday, is at the third Blue Ball (Hey, I remember those balls when I placed my order), Repaired and Tested. And that is where it sits. And sits. And sits. After the second week, you try to rearrange your vacation, to push it out another month or two. By the third week, you are making polite inquiries to the support desk for a real status; only to receive, in horror, the same email others are getting regarding status of their repairs. The trolls chortle this is the very reason to buy two; an heir and spare. A very disheartening feeling ensues as a month rolls by and still no change in status to your repair. You chastise yourself for being so pathetic, pulling out your waterproof case to move your batteries around and recoil your cables, again. You realize that you have giving into this obsession for almost a quarter of a year for just a couple weeks of flying, in winter. That you read too much into the brochures in the age of fake news, when the industries delivering these technological marvels are proclaiming what they want to be, not what is currently. The epiphany is your precious does not own the airspace she flies in or the radio frequencies she uses and oh by the grace of good fortune and great care do you get to fly with a god’s eye view. (Or until your municipality outlaws them or charges you more for the privilege.) So appreciate it when you do fly and come home safely. That is what it is all about and it’s incredible. You have so little control when the controller is not in your hands and even then, control is just an illusion. The drone experience is a lot like sex; you spend a lot of time thinking about it, getting ready for it and in the end, spend so little time doing it. But when you do ....

Alpin, this is probably the best post (prose) I have read on the board since joining in October. Loved it.....Lived it.....Loathed it......

Be mindful when waiting for your new drone that its arrival is just the beginning of your journey and that one day you may have to return your precious for repair. Let’s say, you only waited six weeks from the moment you placed your order until your brand new precious arrived at your door. I would consider you lucky for getting it so quickly. Well done. During that time, you read the manual, watch the videos, become a forum member and believe you are on the edge of a new adventure, with new friends. You keep the first ten flights in beginner mode, carefully understanding the sensitivities of a technology that gives you a god’s eye view. You even take and pass you Part 107 (92, thank-you very much). Your flight envelope expands. A little knowledge is a dangerous thing. Happy Hour conversations drift into flying in National Airspace and IMU calibrations and all those stupid things being posted showing drones going where they should not go. And though the waterproof case you ordered is back-ordered, you busy yourself nailing down the photo settings and practicing inserting and removing the gimbal lock. A “Remove Before Flight” ribbon may actually help you remember to remove it before flight. The ND filters arrive. You gotta’ have shades for your precious. Those $20 accessories add up. Three weeks later, flight 35, your confidence has increased to try a real flight, shoot real video. By now your checklist for launch has started to cure. You establish a protocol, hover for ten seconds, check your display, then go. “I’ve got this.” And at that moment, Satellite Lock goes from 12 to 0, your precious loses her situational awareness, she drops into ATTI mode and begins to drift quickly away. You have about four seconds to respond. It takes two to react. Unfortunately, not soon enough and precious flies right into harms way. Then it’s time to upload your flight files. This crash cannot be your fault, you say. Maybe it wasn’t, but the reality is, you were still the pilot in command. Time to activate your Care Refresh policy. The privilege of Care Refresh puts you in a different repair line, right? You establish a Case Number, get UPS Label and ship your precious back to her maker. You don’t quibble over paying $79 for the repair because your waterproof case just arrived and you want your precious back. The Repair Status site, which you check everyday, is at the third Blue Ball (Hey, I remember those balls when I placed my order), Repaired and Tested. And that is where it sits. And sits. And sits. After the second week, you try to rearrange your vacation, to push it out another month or two. By the third week, you are making polite inquiries to the support desk for a real status; only to receive, in horror, the same email others are getting regarding status of their repairs. The trolls chortle this is the very reason to buy two; an heir and spare. A very disheartening feeling ensues as a month rolls by and still no change in status to your repair. You chastise yourself for being so pathetic, pulling out your waterproof case to move your batteries around and recoil your cables, again. You realize that you have giving into this obsession for almost a quarter of a year for just a couple weeks of flying, in winter. That you read too much into the brochures in the age of fake news, when the industries delivering these technological marvels are proclaiming what they want to be, not what is currently. The epiphany is your precious does not own the airspace she flies in or the radio frequencies she uses and oh by the grace of good fortune and great care do you get to fly with a god’s eye view. (Or until your municipality outlaws them or charges you more for the privilege.) So appreciate it when you do fly and come home safely. That is what it is all about and it’s incredible. You have so little control when the controller is not in your hands and even then, control is just an illusion. The drone experience is a lot like sex; you spend a lot of time thinking about it, getting ready for it and in the end, spend so little time doing it. But when you do ....

Omg this is literally my story!!! Hahahahaha. Waiting on my Refresh:(

I received the same email and ordered the fly more package the same day. I received tracking and confirmation that my order shipped today. States I will receive on Wednesday. Shipping from Atlanta. I had originally ordered when the mavic was first announced and cancelled my B&h order early December. Let's hope I see my shipment Wednesday.

Just wanted to update my post by saying my fly more arrived Wednesday, but no one was home to sign for, so was delivered today. DJI sets shipping restrictions so you can't pick it up at a fed ex location or change delivery address. You MUST sign for it at the original shipping address. Just happy to receive it so quickly after the original problems back in October.

The DJI service is the worst I ever experienced. I lost my right rear landing gear this weekend. How I lost I don't know. I contacted DJI support because I couldn't find a new one at my local dealer. What's there answer. You have too send your Mavic to our repair center since this part is only available on their end. DJI can't be serious. A part small as a nickel that you just replace. So if you want to buy a Mavic! Have this in mind.. you're won't getting any after-sale service!
72ec9bd878cdb386b240f9be5d951bb8.jpg

Reactions: RogerMav
I am missing one as well. When I wrote DJI, I told them I was missing one of my rear landing rest clips. They ask me to send a picture. I have never bought a product that didn't have an exploded view parts list. Is there an American company that could produce a good drone AND customer service

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_