DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Smart Controller won't take a charge

Panoramic

Reactions
Hey there,
I'm getting quite frustrated as my brand new smart controller will not take a charge. This came stock from the Mavic 3 pro cine kit. Everything works on it, it links and flies, it just will not take a charge.

The strange thing is that the LEDs blink to show it is 'charging', and the battery icon on the screen shows it is in a charging state, it just will not increase the battery percentage to full...

I'm attempting to charge it off the stock cube that has the two USB C outputs for the regular batteries (which charge fine). Have tried both ports, switching cables, and using a different brick altogether and same issue.

Is this thing pooched?

Have you arleady got it up in the air and gotten all the updates ?

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. land on the Water.
Hey thx for the response. Yes I charged everything up full (or so I believe, now I’m not so sure if the remote was full), did the updates and flew the drone. All works well.

When I opened up the connection again it said the craft has a new update however I’m unable to install it as the remote is below 20%

Hey there,
I'm getting quite frustrated as my brand new smart controller will not take a charge. This came stock from the Mavic 3 pro cine kit. Everything works on it, it links and flies, it just will not take a charge.

The strange thing is that the LEDs blink to show it is 'charging', and the battery icon on the screen shows it is in a charging state, it just will not increase the battery percentage to full...

I'm attempting to charge it off the stock cube that has the two USB C outputs for the regular batteries (which charge fine). Have tried both ports, switching cables, and using a different brick altogether and same issue.

Is this thing pooched?
i have the original smart controller and it needed the chrging block that came with it. Otherwise it was SO slow to charge. I know this is a different situation than yours but might give you another angle for trouble shooting,

Reactions: EricJT
i have the original smart controller and it needed the chrging block that came with it. Otherwise it was SO slow to charge. I know this is a different situation than yours but might give you another angle for trouble shooting,
Hmm yeah I'm using the stock brick that came with it, and tried a bunch of other cables. It's confirmed to work with the batteries so I'm assuming it's a DJI bug or something in the remote.

Going to just send it in for replacement.

Hey there,

Is this thing pooched?
I had the same problem with one of my RC-Pro controllers for my M30T when it was a few months old. One day it worked fine - next flight it wouldn't charge. Contacted DJI support. The sent me a new (to me) one within 3 days and a label to send my defective one back. Stay Safe!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne