DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI wil not take responsibility for shipping (WARRANTY)

hi I live on Ibiza, Balearic islands on spain. a month ago I had to send my mavic to repair on warranty to Netherlands. dji told me that ups don't work for dji on my area and had to pay 49 euros to sent my mavic by DHL to the repair centre. sent a ton of emails and dji refuse to pay the shipping costs. I spoke with my consumer office on Spain and said to me that if I start legal movement will be a looong process and I'm not going to have nothing.
all this story make me learn that in the future not buy another dji product.

Last edited:
@Chakanz
Well, this is absolutely last DJI product i will ever own.

However, i have made some progress. DJI is now offering a set of propellers as a compensation for 120 euros shipping.

Sent from my E2303 using MavicPilots mobile app

No, it is bought on eBay, from authorized seller. I don't think that has anything to do with it
It has, because if you had bought from a local seller he'd have to legally handle it so you could just return it to him and the problem would be in his hands.

Reactions: Rbruz
A set of props in my opinion is yet another show of the lack of respect DJI has for its consumer, do DJI not sell in Norway directly? if they do then under EU rules they must have a policy in place for repairing drones without cost to the consumer or do they just flout the rules and tell customers they must pay themselves.

Have you tried taking advice from one of the European Consumer Centres? Home

Thank you so much, I will keep you updated. Even though I love the concept of the Mavic, all of the horror stories regarding support and production flaws including mine make me regret this purchase badly. Since the day it arrived I have a sore taste in my mouth, and it's only getting worse. Just a few days ago I found out I am not entitled to DJI care either, being in Norway. However, Swedes being just 80 km away from me are fully entitled. Am I supposed to fake my address? No I am not doing this, at this point I would just like to get it fixed and sell it. With presumption it doesn't come back with yet another, different flaw.

So sell to someone else to pass off your problems, horrible karma!!! Next time don't be so cheap, by from authorized dealer! Have had mine 3 months, not one issue!

So sell to someone else to pass off your problems, horrible karma!!! Next time don't be so cheap, by from authorized dealer! Have had mine 3 months, not one issue!

He did not say he wanted to sell it with the issue present, did you not read what he had written? "at this point I would just like to get it fixed and sell it" so perhaps next time carefully read before jumping your opinion down someone else throat.

The OP has also said although he bought from eBay it was from an authorised seller (we have no way for verifying that however).

If you bought from an authorized seller, why not contact them and request a shipping label?

If you bought from an authorized seller, why not contact them and request a shipping label?

I agree at this point I would also start with the seller, they have the ultimate responsibility through EU law to assist. You could also speak to your credit card company, at the end of the day this this Mavic has a problem through no fault of your own you have been sold a faulty product. Get in contact with the seller as well.

He did not say he wanted to sell it with the issue present, did you not read what he had written? "at this point I would just like to get it fixed and sell it" so perhaps next time carefully read before jumping your opinion down someone else throat.

The OP has also said although he bought from eBay it was from an authorised seller (we have no way for verifying that however).

Take your own advise " I would just like to get it fixed and sell it. "

Keyword he said, sell it !

Please read what he has said, he wants to get it fixed and sell it. So he is saying his intention is to have it fixed and sell it on (AFTER its been fixed). No need to heed my own advice, I correctly read what he had written there.

It is authorized seller!!! And i am not being cheap, i paid full price for mine. Reason i bought it in China is that they had it in stock, and sent it right away. All of the dealers in Norway are internet based currently, and none of them had it in stock in February when i ordered mine. Average delivery time in Norway was 3 months lately. Next shipping was scheduled for April, or May (in February). I can ship back to China, but it will take ages before i get another one, i need my Mavic for work. Also while you guys pay 999 bucks for your Mavics, the price in Norway is 1400 dollars for basic version! And i guess they are being shipped from China.

So please don't jump to conclusions, warranty is going to be assessed anyway when received by DJI service.

If i decide to sell faulty unit in Norway, claiming that there is nothing wrong with it, i will get my self into trouble. If you sell things in Norway, they have to be in perfect working order, or you might get in serious trouble with the law.

However, i have some positive news. DJI offered to send an extra battery free of charge as a compensation for shipping. I need it anyways, so i'll be sending my Mavic on Monday, and hope for the best.

If anybody is wondering how my problem looks like, you can see it here. And it's even visible in low light, with motors turned off.

Had that exact same problem with my first one, which was a lemon. Then got a second one which had another problem. Then got a third one which is perfect.

That is great, i'll end up with 10 ''free'' batteries. What a start for Mavic!

Sent from my E2303 using MavicPilots mobile app

i have to remember de nightmare... today i was looking at some clips that record yesterday with the " new " mavic that dji sent to me.... and voila!!! blur focus problem on the right corner... i have to send one more time my mavic to repair... one month more without the mavic and one more time 48 euros to pay to send my mavic to repair.....

That is exactly what i am afraid of. And i am getting really paranoid about this.

Where do you live?

i live on ibiza , balearic islands... and dji say that ups dont cover my zone... its hilarius becouse why dji can ship to me a drone with ups.. but cant pickup to repair center with ups also...

im very worried with all this **** and im thinking on go tomorrow to my consumer office one more time and make a claim... its tired to stay a lot of time without a expensive machine... and have to pay to sent to the repair center when i have dji care refresh and all the **** to try to avoid this type of thing....

I dont think people using ebay should be tagged as being "cheap". For some, its just the option that best suits them. I also think that buying from an authorised dealer is a guarantee of no problems. I personally prefer an authorised dealer, but thats just my choice

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman