DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI wil not take responsibility for shipping (WARRANTY)

ok i was looking on the european consumer law.. and it say that on the first 2 years.. the warranty of the product cover the shipping cost to send the item to repair ... and will be free of charge for the consumer... on few words.. dji are scamming the people´s money and broken the consumer rights for the european people... personally im going to speak with a lawer man becouse i want to fight for my rights...

Garantías: reparaciones, cambios, reembolsos

EUR-Lex - 32009L0072 - EN - EUR-Lex

It will cost you more than the price of the drone. I went through this years ago with a zenmuse gimbal. Basically our laws here in Australia state they must make parts available for a certain time (could be 2 years, but can't remember). I bought a gimbal, it broke a month or so later, and in the mean time they changed models and wouldn't supply a part to fix.
I also thought I would fight it, but at the end of the day, it just wasn't worth what it would cost.

Remember, you are fighting a company based in China

Last edited:
yeah based on china but they have to comply with the law of the country where they sell .

if they want to sell their products on the european comunity they have to comply all the rules and laws of the european comunity.

Yes you are correct. But how will this be enforced. Cut them off from trade? This has bigger implications.
Anyway, your entitled to fight it. They are clearly in the wrong.

Start here to get a dialogue going.
Home - Online Dispute Resolution

There are rules in place and DJI must follow them, just because it looks like a big task to take them on doesn't mean it is. There is more help out there thank you think. It possible explains why DJI haven't opened an office in the UK as our consumer laws are pretty tight.

I read info on that site and it states that both trader and consumer to be EU based

Find who ever your equivalent to our consumer affairs is, or as stated speak to a lawyer and please keeps us all informed on how you go

yeah i was cheking the website and the limitation of this online form is that the seller has to be on europe... but no problem at all , i prefer to speak
face to face with a lawyer man ... becouse like i said.. if dji want to sell their drones on europe they have to comply the rules of the european comunity or the country where they want to sell.
if they sell a drone to me and i have to send the drone to repair its free charge to the consumer ... i dont care if dji its on china or in cuba or panama...

And the agony continues.

I am currently having issues with DHL.

I tried to send the drone twice today. First as a document tax/duty free as it is warranty claim, no commercial value, and I got rejected by the driver. Ok, my fault, paid about 100 euros, now I have to wait 10 days for a refund. The driver said that I have to send it as a package, and that he would come about half an hour later to pick it up.

So I did that, I paid this time 120 euros for the second time today, he comes and says that he can not accept it, as I have to fill out an proforma invoice for temporary export. He didn't have one so I have to find it online, and wait till tomorrow to pay for the third time even more because of the drone value. Nothing on DHL site that says anything about invoice, just a small letter notice that says: ''Click here if you want to make an invoice'' I will eventually get refund for first two attempts :D

Drone value should be reported as actual value, 999 dollars, and insurance should be paid accordingly which only raises the cost of shipping. DHL can't guarantee that DJI won't receive customs/tax/import charges even though it's temporary export/warranty claim. DJI off course rejects this, and if it happens I will have to pay for return shipping, and customs charges. This just blows my mind.

Should have read the reviews first :(
Top 516 Complaints and Reviews about DHL

I asked DJI to consider sending me spare gimbal with controller board, and than I could replace it locally. Even though it will void warranty.

Last edited:
I think I should stop googling as these videos just keep coming. I might develop some kind of mental illness. :(

Last edited:
Reactions: Rbruz
I think I should stop googling as these videos just keep coming. I might develop some kind of mental illness. :(

sad but true... dji want to be the " apple of drone´s world " but... dont get the level of quality .. service to the customer and a lot of more things...

Just talked to a guy who bought his mavic at the shop Komplett in Norway which is local authorized dealer. He had a faulty battery, and he had to ship on his own as well to Netherlands. And off course it came back with another fault. The second time Komplett accepted to ship back, but he didn't get a new one, nor replacement at the shop.

Sent from my E2303 using MavicPilots mobile app

You might call me crazy, but after all of the horror stories i decided not to send my Mavic, as everything else works great. I don't need more troubles, and as i said i need it for work, and i need it now.

However i did manage to find a temporary fix. As several other cases prove, my gimbal has weight/resonance issue. I received set of filters today, and even with transparent UV filter jello/jitter disappears even in heavy wind and 5 degrees celsius. Maybe eventually we will all find out what this is all about, and might be user friendly solution, so i'll just wait. Warranty period for gimbal is 6 months, and i'll just gamble here.

It wouldn't surprise me if DJI ads 1 gram of what ever into camera housing to fix this issue, or something like this, as they have very dirty way of doing business.

I might just sell it eventually a bit cheaper reporting the issue to the buyer, if anybody will want to buy this thing in several months after all reported flaws.

DJI, of course, did not agree to send replacement gimbal.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman