DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI won’t cover battery warrantee

Briarcliff

Reactions
Here we go.
Received a MP as a gift late last year never used ( still never turned on) just opened box this past week. Naturally following all instructions as a current DJI owner of other products.
Went to charge batteries I purchased besides the one that came with the MP
Low and behold battery with MP would not charge tried several times no go.
Thought it might be charger so I charged others. Turns out one of the other 4 would not charge ( one green flashing light only) when taken off charger to see if it in fact charged ( nothing dead as a door nail)
I set up ticket with DJI who tells me after 6 months warrantee is gone. Interesting
I have not even registered the drone with DJI ( yes it’s registered with FAA as I am a part 107 )
Any suggestions - never used- MP never registered- never turned on and warrantee is finished
Seems to me if they checked all I say they will see they are refusing to warrant a new machine
Very frustrating indeed

Drones are different from the battery. Batteries start their warranties when they are delivered to the customer. Drone warranties activate when the drone is activated.

Thank you both for reply’s
Very glad to hear the warrantee starts at activation. That was not made clear when I received email from DJI tech
She cons answer. Not sure about hibernation mode abd how it works appreciate if you could explain
I have read abd watched many YouTube videos. I see that you can connect NP directly to MacBook Pro go into DJI assistant turn on do firmware update and battery is released from lock. Trouble is battery has no power so cannot fire up drone to follow process.
Thanks so much. I am a very very patient person but this has me upset.

Thank you both for reply’s
Very glad to hear the warrantee starts at activation. That was not made clear when I received email from DJI tech
She cons answer. Not sure about hibernation mode abd how it works appreciate if you could explain
I have read abd watched many YouTube videos. I see that you can connect NP directly to MacBook Pro go into DJI assistant turn on do firmware update and battery is released from lock. Trouble is battery has no power so cannot fire up drone to follow process.
Thanks so much. I am a very very patient person but this has me upset.

You might need to leave the battery on the charger for up to an hour before hibernation mode is turned off.

Batteries are chemical based. They don’t last forever even if they are never used. I think warranty is based on the aged of the battery, used or not. If you buy a carton of milk, don’t open it until way past use-by date. Open it and found it’s gone bad, I don’t think you can bring it back to the store and ask for a new one.

Thank you for reply.
I certainly get it. 3 other batteries orichasedcat same time with very similar SN charged fine
They must have been skim milk

Batteries are chemical based. They don’t last forever even if they are never used. I think warranty is based on the aged of the battery, used or not. If you buy a carton of milk, don’t open it until way past use-by date. Open it and found it’s gone bad, I don’t think you can bring it back to the store and ask for a new one.
Yes but in this situation batteries often times sit on the shelf or in transit for 6 months to a year before they are ever sold. DJI ships them to the United States and then they can sometimes sit on the shelves or in a warehouse for a very very long time. It is really DJ I's or the seller's responsibility to make sure the battery has been charged or at least in hibernation before it is sold.

I have tried the hibernation fix.
Started battery ( even though there is no been lights) let it sit for 5 plus minutes then tried the charge. No go
To me it’s a merchantability issue
You buy a new product ( which certainly includes the included battery ) no skin off DJI nose to replace a battery especially when MP has never been used or registered with them.
If I had only one battery I’d be dead in water. That is until I bought another battery of course.
any other ideas to release from hibernation?
I’m almost afraid to register the MP with DJI until I settle this issue.
No problem here ( live in NY) we are building arks here. Unbelievable weather

Started battery ( even though there is no been lights) let it sit for 5 plus minutes then tried the charge. No go
You buy a new product ( which certainly includes the included battery ) no skin off DJI nose to replace a battery especially when MP has never been used or registered with them.
If I had only one battery I’d be dead in water. That is until I bought another battery of course.
See this thread, post #6 specifically.

Yes but in this situation batteries often times sit on the shelf or in transit for 6 months to a year before they are ever sold. DJI ships them to the United States and then they can sometimes sit on the shelves or in a warehouse for a very very long time. It is really DJ I's or the seller's responsibility to make sure the battery has been charged or at least in hibernation before it is sold.
Well, I guess there's no harm trying to see if DJI will replace it. I don't know how sellers with with old stocks of electronics with batteries. Do they send them back to manufacturer after a certain dates?
I guess it didn't help the OP had the drone, but no use it at all for so long. I am pretty they were in hibernation, but how long will the charge hold in hibernation?
Maybe OP can check the age of the battery using the SN. If OP doesn't know to check the manufacture date, just post the SN here. I can decipher it.

So how did you make out? I'm in the exact same predicament, only all 3 of my batteries are "dead", or in hibernation or something. Brand new unit never activated, was new in December but just getting around to setting it up now.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dave Cleverley