DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 4 Pro batteries charging slow

Thanks. Just purchased this charger and will be returning the one I bought. Interestingly the description of the one I bought says it is PD compliant. But it appears that the cord they provided actually may have been the weak link.

Sorry to come late to the party, but I'd strongly advise going to Amazon now ordering one of these while the deal is still on, save some money and charge your batteries way, way faster. Return the other one, save half.

The Mini 4 batteries charging in the hub pull around 65W. You can fully charge a battery in less than an hour.

Screenshot_20231028_164943_Amazon Shopping.jpg

The advertised output power is ALWAYS the total for ALL ports.
How this power is devided amongst the ports must be described in the specifications.

True.

However IMO it's a mistake to, for example, buy a multiport charger with a total 100W but can't deliver 100W on any single port use.

The cheaper ones have a fixed split of the power across multiple ports. For most use, they really just are a charger at the highest port output, not the advertised power capability of the charger.

Better to buy one that can dynamically allocate power depending on which combination of ports are used.

Thanks. Finally figured this out after purchasing the charger that tribar recommended above. The Amazon description of that charger actually spells out the available power depending on the combination of outlets used. When using only both of the C ports each gets 30W. That changes to 30W and 18W when you also use the A port.

True.

However IMO it's a mistake to, for example, buy a multiport charger with a total 100W but can't deliver 100W on any single port use.

The cheaper ones have a fixed split of the power across multiple ports. For most use, they really just are a charger at the highest port output, not the advertised power capability of the charger.

Better to buy one that can dynamically allocate power depending on which combination of ports are used.

Attachments

• IMG_2405.jpeg
    IMG_2405.jpeg
    351.9 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Thanks but I already bought the one that tribar mentioned and the two C ports provide 30W each when just using those two ports. That is perfect for my use case.

Sorry to come late to the party, but I'd strongly advise going to Amazon now ordering one of these while the deal is still on, save some money and charge your batteries way, way faster. Return the other one, save half.

The Mini 4 batteries charging in the hub pull around 65W. You can fully charge a battery in less than an hour.

View attachment 169648

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne