DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do Any Apps Still Work for Mavic Pro?

FunkySmurf

Reactions
DJI Pro 4 app just crashes immediately. I downloaded the Fly App and it does not even have an option for Mavic Pro.
For some reason my Litchi app also does not connect to my drone - using Galaxy S21 Ultra

Did DJI sunset all support for the Mavic Pro? How are people still flying the original model?

Mavic Pro will not operate on the Fly app.
Still many of this model up in the air.
A bit more info on what the issue is may help.

DJI Pro 4 app just crashes immediately. I downloaded the Fly App and it does not even have an option for Mavic Pro.
For some reason my Litchi app also does not connect to my drone - using Galaxy S21 Ultra

Did DJI sunset all support for the Mavic Pro? How are people still flying the original model?
The problem has to be local to you. I'm flying my MPP daily without issues (GO4).

Works just fine with GO4. It's possible you updated your phone to an android version that's too new and with which GO4 doesn't work anymore. Try an older phone if you have one.

Last edited:
Just flew my Mav Pro today using Litchi app. No problems whatever. Went up to 80 metres to spot the fire causing a lot of smoke in the air - Was only a prescribed burn by fire control about 20 klms away. All good!

Reactions: Christianpeso
Original MP (FW Ver. 01.04.0000) with Lichi on Galaxy S7E...no problemo.

First off WELCOME to the forum :)

It could be a corrupted App or it could be the App has updated and it's not more resource hungry than your phone can run????

I would delete and re-download/install the app. This usually fixes such problems unless it's a hardware issue with your phone/tablet. If it continues try a different device (Even if just borrowed to try and eliminate problems).

I have had GO4 crash with me repeatedly in the past and a delete/refresh solved it but I use iOS devices.

While you still need GO4 for some settings etc, the MP flies splendidly using Litchi but that is a very slight cost (well worth it) for Litchi.

At the end of the day you do NEED GO4 to be useable on your sytem.

Good luck and let us know.

Reactions: Brevanskc

I never use any of the DJI Go offerings for flights with any of my DJI drones. Litchi is the ONLY way to go for me. It is absolutely superb for auto flight, and it never tries to force "updates" on the user. I only used DJI Go once to change settings, and then I quickly set it aside like an unwanted Xmas gift.

Reactions: hoctroMavic
@FunkySmurf where did you download the Go4 app.
I recently updated my S21 to Android 12, and the Go4 app stopped working.
Uninstall and re-install from the Play Store and it still wouldn't work, but installed it directly from the DJI web site and it worked.

Go4 (latest version) worked great a couple of days ago on the M1P and Spark.
iOS latest version on the ipad mini 4.

The only thing unusual was I was requested to do a compass calibration on the M1P, the first since it was brand new in 2017.
Odd for sure, but we were at an old quarry site so thought I'd better do it, even though possible magnetic interference concerned me (I tried 20' away, same thing).
The aircraft icon on the map was correctly aligned, and it flew like a dream as usual.

Litchi's waypoint mission capabilities are vastly superior to those of DJI Go. Litchi automatically starts recording at the start of every flight and ends recording when the drone lands, which is a very important feature for absent-minded drone operators like me. Litchi is both simple and intuitive to master. It is far more logical to use than the overly complex Dronelink which requires a doctorate in computer science to comprehend.

Litchi does not pester users with update alerts, many of which further restrict the drone's flight parameters, and offer nothing in terms of performance or reliability. Litchi's free Mission Hub software for desktop computers enables drone operators to plan highly complex waypoint flight paths that can be flown repeatedly thereafter with absolute reliability and consistency.

When Henry Ford was asked about the range of colors in which his newly invented Model T Ford was available, he reportedly responded that "You can have any color you want, provided it is black." I will paraphrase those words by saying that drone users would be well advised to use any flight control software package that they like, provided it is Litchi.

Any advantages to using Litchi to the Go app? I'm on 1.03.0400 with my Mavic Pro
Agree with everything CN said, but also for me it has performed flawlessly on my S7E where the DJI app would be glitchy and lock up...

Hey guys, I haven't flown the MP1 in a while and never with a new iPhone 13. I recharged it for the weekend and found the app is not getting past the opening page before crashing. It seem to be able to fly but nothing on the DJI app/phone to fly by. Undated the app and still nothing?:-( The app is not connecting to the phone.

Any help is greatly appreciated

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman