DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do we know where the GPS antenna is located ?

Phantomrain.org

Approved Vendor
Reactions
I was thinking with the wide arms they might have put them inside , but someone else mentioned there in the bottom feet. ?

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water

Bit of confusion in this thread. The OP and title are referring to the GPS antenna. The video in Post #3 is referring to the control/telemetry/video feed antennas. 2 entirely separate things.

The GPS antenna is almost definitely inside at the top (ref post #2) as it needs to have a decent "view" of the sky. The signal antennas are most likely more underneath the drone as they need to radiate their signal out/downwards typically.

Last edited:
on every drone i have ever owned,the GPS module that has its own built in antenna has been at the top of the drone ,this is the optimum location for receiving signals from the satellites high above the earths surface

Reactions: Torque
Bit of confusion in this thread. The OP and title are referring to the GPS antenna. The video in Post #3 is referring to the control/telemetry/video feed antennas. 2 entirely separate things.

The GPS antenna is almost definitely inside at the top (ref post #2) as it needs to have a decent "view" of the sky. The signal antennas are most likely more underneath the drone as they need o radiate their signal out/downwards typically.
No confusion, I boobed, whooops

@Yorkshire_Pud dont beat yourself up about it ,been there done that

@Yorkshire_Pud No shame in recognising and admitting a mistake 👍 That's what intelligent people do.

The video link might have been handy, as that could have been where @Phantomrain.org heard mention of antennas in the landing feet/nubs.

Last edited:
Reactions: old man mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark