DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do ya like sliding your device into the loving arms of a DJI Remote Control?

daisy-girl

Reactions
But wish you could also shade your screen from the sun with a device that weighs almost nothing and costs about $16?

On those rare occasions that I shoot at mid-day here in LA, here is what I use (comes in various sizes to perfectly fit various devices, including my iPad Mini 4). Note that the edges around the device are sufficiently spacious to accommodate the loving arms of the RC.

Sunshade.JPG

Type B071452VN5 into the Amazon Search bar.

Last edited:
Thanks for the post. This is exactly what I need for those bright days that make it rather difficult to see what's on the screen. :)

I have a Szmsung S8.On full brightness i can easily see the screen even in Perths full sunlight
Hi...I looked into the S8 as a monitor because it's NIT metric is greater than that of the DJI Crystalsky - 1020 vs 1000. The S8 is marketed as a device for summer sun.
So far I have balked at the S8 because while it is brighter than the CS it is not intended to be used at that brightness for a long time; whereas the CS is designed for that purpose. As a result, the S8 supposedly gets much hotter than the CS.
In your experience, does the S8 full brightness last the length of a MP battery? If so, does it get extraordinarily hot? Do you anticipate having to replace the S8 battery?
I would appreciate understanding what your real life experience with the S8 and MP has been.

The S8 charges from the controller so has the same charge at the end of a battery as at the start. I have no noticed heat as a problem even when the air temp is mid 30s.

The only issue is the edge of the S8 screen is very close to the arms of the controller

If i was buying again i would get the S8+

My S8 is new so dont know if running at full brightness will impact battery life.

I use sunshade on my iPad mini using MP controller.

The S8 charges from the controller so has the same charge at the end of a battery as at the start. I have no noticed heat as a problem even when the air temp is mid 30s.

The only issue is the edge of the S8 screen is very close to the arms of the controller

My S8 is new so dont know if running at full brightness will impact battery life.

I would've thought that it may impact the screen more than the battery.

Thank you for your reply. I have asked this of others, but never got a reply, so I appreciate it. Regarding the edge of the S8 to the arms of the controller, may be you could try a piece of mdf 1/2 longer than the phone on each side, mount a spare S8 case to the mdf, then when flying slip the S8 into the spare case, and the mdf into the controller. In that way, the full display would be unobstructed.
Also, with the DJI Go 4 app, if you slide two fingers down the phone from the edge closest to the controller body the telemetry will disappear. If you want the telemetry to reappear, slide two fingers up the phone.

But wish you could also shade your screen from the sun with a device that weighs almost nothing and costs about $16?

On those rare occasions that I shoot at mid-day here in LA, here is what I use (comes in various sizes to perfectly fit various devices, including my iPad Mini 4). Note that the edges around the device are sufficiently spacious to accommodate the loving arms of the RC.

View attachment 36711

Type B071452VN5 into the Amazon Search bar.
What size did you get for an iPad mini 4. There are multiple options. Thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zenbookwriting