DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do you really colorgrade every time, and what softvare do you use?

fredbjor

Reactions
Hi!

I want to learn to use luts, and to colorgrade - but Premiere is to expensive I think... I film in no style and I think it looks okay. Do I miss something really?

You dont need LUTs to color correct or grade. Learn to color correct and color grade without touching LUTs and you can add them back into the workflow later. I dont use LUTs at all, and grade manually.

Try the other profiles. I personally like the Blue one for when I dont want to, or need to, grade.

You dont need LUTs to color correct or grade. Learn to color correct and color grade without touching LUTs and you can add them back into the workflow later. I dont use LUTs at all, and grade manually.

Yes I know! What software do you use?

Premier. But then I also do other projects outside of just drones.

Okay... Me and my sons using cyberlinks Powerdirector and before I use Pinnacle Studio

Is the non-style mode so bad?

Depends on what you are looking for. If you are looking to do some color grading, check the other styles and see if one already exists. It all comes down to what you are looking for. And if you want to spend a lot of extra time on the computer afterwards.

Color Correcting = matching the real-life colors as close to possible in the video. Also, matching different camera outputs to the same colors (this one I hate, it can be maddening)
Color Grading = changing the colors of the video to achieve a feeling or look.

Reactions: fredbjor
Could also try Shotcut editor, handles full 4K and unlike Resolve is truly free. Haven't experimented with LUTs yet but it does allow import of them and will be the next thing I try!

Reactions: fredbjor
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan