DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does everyone experience jello, or do most of you never see it?

No, I only had it on for that one video that's labelled as bubble.. and only because DJI suggested that 'Please make sure the gimbal cover is on when you fly the unit so it can protect the gimbal from influence from the environment.' And I thought I'd better do a test shot just to see. I had assumed the picture would be worse than it was, but still in the right light you can really see the bubble illuminated and shaking (towards the end of that clip).

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

well to me, all those micro shakes you got on video "Jello at 149" do not look normal.

Thanks, that's what I was hoping to hear - I'd rather it not be 'the norm' to get issues like that. Hoping to find a way to be pretty confident that the footage I capture is going to be usable as much of the time as possible
]

I have, as mentioned in my earlier post so far their only advise if to fly with the gimbal cover which seems to make things worse. Waiting for their next response.. in the mean time I'm trying to sort it out on my own, I'd love to avoid sending it in because it takes a week just to ship to them, a week to get back, and the time there.

iPhone 6S

What I want to know is, what region of the world and in what climate do you experience the most jello issues with your Mavic?
Based on many reports, the colder climates have more.
Colder Temperatures seem to solidify the rubber mounts a bit.
Has anyone confirmed this?

Yes, I only experience jello in cold temps and when I don't give the camera and gimbal enough time (I am still working to determine exactly what enough time is) to acclimate to the cold temps. When it's warm or when I acclimate I don't get the jello.

Reactions: niclariv
Thanks for all the feedback. It would be good to have a fairly accurate - or as accurate as possible - way of knowing how to avoid it so we can count on our footage. DJI finally got back to me after viewing the clips I sent them and asked me to send it in, but I'll give it another week.. I've got some filming I want to do on the weekend and it takes forever to send it off and get it back. I've tried another IMU cal, changed all the props just in case, and so far no jello, though I don't think I've had as bright light as before to work with.

In the mean time, I just put together my first sampler of my footage (from the non-jello moments). Check it out!

Reactions: Chris23
Maybe try re-calibrating?

I'm going to wait at least a week because it takes so long to get back and there's filming I want to do this weekend

So in the mean time if the weather gets better I'll see if my re-re-calibrations have helped this time

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada