DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does Litchi worth 22 bucks?

vimagreg

Reactions
Hello guys.

I'm new to Mavic Pro world, own mine for two weeks now. Searching for apps on AppStore (Apple) I could find this Litchi app, which is quoted in several topics on this forum, too. Sorry if this is a newbie question, but does it worth 22 bucks? What it does that DJI GO 4 can't? Any tips would be very welcome.

Hello guys.

I'm new to Mavic Pro world, own mine for two weeks now. Searching for apps on AppStore (Apple) I could find this Litchi app, which is quoted in several topics on this forum, too. Sorry if this is a newbie question, but does it worth 22 bucks? What it does that DJI GO 4 can't? Any tips would be very welcome.

Litchi is a small investment compared to your Mavic.

Worth every penny....

Litchi for DJI Mavic/Phantom/Inspire

i have android 7.1.2 , go 4 doesnt work there, so litchi is my software , and defenately worth every penny

There are better choices imo if you have apple- FPV Camera, Autopilot

Reactions: Brojon
.... What it does that DJI GO 4 can't?
Allows you to:
1) Program waypoint mission before before you fly them
2) Capture panorama images that you then use other products to make into 360 images.
3) Fly with VR goggles
Those are probably the three main things it can do that DJIGo4 cannot.
Any tips would be very welcome.
Yes IMO, it is worth the price for item 1 alone.

I use many of the Litchi functions, like their waypoint missions (far superior to Go app) and panorama shooting - along with others. But, I find if I'm not going to be using those for a particular flight, I default using Go 4, as I can control and change all aspects of the drone/programming/options on the fly.

Reactions: Brojon
Depends... would you use the extra features in Litchi? I have it, have used it a lot in the past and don't use it any more. DJI Go now does everything I need.

Does Magic Leash work on Mavic?
Yes -- any supported AC.

It's a feature that doesn't seem like any big deal -- until you use it.

If you want rock-solid following like Active Track, but doesn't ever lose the subject, Magic Leash is the way to go.

If all you have is glitchie vs DJI GO I can understand the popularity; personally I have tried several. Litchie had(and from reports still does have a focus issue) , I admit I have deleted it quite some time ago so maybe not accurate as to its current status. have used FPV Camera which for preplanning target-waypoints is nothing short of awesome imo, and of course my favourite is still Autopilot. I can only guess its the price of Autopilot that prevents it from being more popular. But it definitely is a feature rich product.

Reactions: Responder Rob
I use Litchi here in Spain, only fly VR works well, although have more settings in goapp4 and can download media to phone. Tried other VR programs but have deleted them

... Litchie had(and from reports still does have a focus issue)...
Yes! I just discovered this a few days ago. Was manually setting waypoints during a flight, and shot a few stills. They were over exposed and out of focus. Which means that I'll be using it sparingly from now on.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trubbaman