DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does Mavic Air support RAW in Panorama Mode?

amanakoinum

Reactions
Does Mavic Air support RAW in Panorama Mode?

Can it save DNG files when shooting panorama or just JPG?

Thanks

Each separate picture can be saved as a PNG yes, but the finished stitched panorama is just a JPG - not a PNG.

the dji panos save in raw and jpeg even if u choose only raw for some reason, i have never used the app to stitch them, i stitch myself with lightroom using the dng files only, i prefer litchi for panos as it can save the panos in brackets as well, so u could have 3 images for every one for the pano to make a hdr pano, it takes a lot more time but the out put is worth it.

Yes. Thankfully, because I never got a single pano that the built in algorithm stitched properly. Lightroom takes the DNGs in and stitches them perfectly well.

Actually took a nice 360 today, RAWs processed in LR, then stitched into a massive 175MP sphere - VERY neat.

Last edited:
the dji panos save in raw and jpeg even if u choose only raw for some reason, i have never used the app to stitch them, i stitch myself with lightroom using the dng files only, i prefer litchi for panos as it can save the panos in brackets as well, so u could have 3 images for every one for the pano to make a hdr pano, it takes a lot more time but the out put is worth it.
Licthi works with the mavic air?

I didn't think it did as there is no SDK yet even for basic Air control

Once you have stitched in lightroom, do you then convert to jpeg or something?

Once you have stitched in lightroom, do you then convert to jpeg or something?
if its a image i really like and want to share, my work flow is like this,,,,,,,,,,,i will bracket the pano in litchi, so if its a 2 row 5 images per row i will have 10 imagesx3 brackets=30 images, so i process each set of 3 in a hdr image then stitch the 10 hdr images to a pano, the single hdr images stay as a dng but are about 50mb each, the result is a very detailed huge 12000x5000px image, i then send that as a tiff file over to luminar then i edit it and then export as a jpeg of high quality for my use and a jpeg compressed for facbook etc, i only do that to images i really like the rest get half that treatment haha but all go to jpeg at some point

Does litchi work on the mavic air? Love the idea of a bracketed pano!

ive read that it does but not all the features like waypoint missions etc, the bracketed panos are enough reason to buy litchi, and u can do so much more pano wise, add rows and add the degree u want to shoot, 90 0r 180 or 360 or anywhere inbetween, the only issue i have is the panos are very slow and they dont go in a sepperate folder like dji panos, other than those 2 gripes its awsome

I'd be interested to see where you read it did as I'm holding off buying litchi as the SDK for the air hasn't been released, meaning no 3rd party apps for now.

oh and u can do panos in portait mode which i like to do, gives a different perpective to the image, most times i will use one row 180 decgree in portrait mode 5 images, if i really want some forground then 2 rows 10 images in landscape mode

hmm im pretty sure i read it here that it worked but not all features ill try and find the thread that i read

Reactions: djiboi
ahhh after re reading the threads i was mistaken, i assumed that it worked but waypoint missions did not but as it turnes out it does not work at all yet. i hope it does soon though, i am on the fence for a mavic air and i luv the panos in litchi

Reactions: djiboi
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UR7CR