DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Don't buy Mavic from B&H Photo

Status
Not open for further replies.
If its anything like the UK, your contract is with the seller no matter what arrangement they have with the manufacturer!!

I would return it to B&H as DOA, replace or money back thank you....

I got mine with DJI Care Refresh. Drone delivery in three days and email with my DJI Care codes. Not an issue once.

I always read the return/exchange policies before purchasing anything of significant value. I also call the vendor to verify their policy. Most people don't even bother checking it because they immediately assume they can return anything they don't like or have a problem with, and when they have a problem with their purchase, they are "shocked" when they are told something they didn't bother reading or don't like.

This is a lesson to be learned... Always check before you buy!!

Sorry, I just have to vent...

I have ordered things from B&H photo in the past and have never had a problem. I recently ordered a Mavic with DJI Refresh and the order was shipped. Unfortunately the gimbal clamp was not secured and it fails to calibrate sometimes. I contacted B&H about returning it for a replacement (I have never even flown it). They sent me this message in response:

"I am sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your product. As per our agreement with our supplier, returns and technical support are handled by our distributor for DJI items, Gradus Group, who is standing by to promptly assist you."

I am not sure if they are drop shipping it from them or not, but I really dont want to go through another company again and re explain everything. In addition they never sent the DJI Refresh code.

If you are buying from B&H, it may behoove you to try a different website that will stand behind their product. I was actually surprised of their response as I have had great service with them before. Now I just want to return everything and take my business somewhere else.

Any ideas/input? I checked their return policy and it doesn't exclude the drones from being returned, although it says the Refresh is non returnable (but I have not received the code yet)

Thanks
Wish I had talked to you before ordering from B&H as I know personally how they market and sell, unfortunately B&H picks up seconds and used products and then sells them with new packaging. I have had several problems with B&H selling outdated and even recalled cell equipment. I would suggest to NEVER order from B&H.

Sorry, I just have to vent...

I have ordered things from B&H photo in the past and have never had a problem. I recently ordered a Mavic with DJI Refresh and the order was shipped. Unfortunately the gimbal clamp was not secured and it fails to calibrate sometimes. I contacted B&H about returning it for a replacement (I have never even flown it). They sent me this message in response:

"I am sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your product. As per our agreement with our supplier, returns and technical support are handled by our distributor for DJI items, Gradus Group, who is standing by to promptly assist you."

I am not sure if they are drop shipping it from them or not, but I really dont want to go through another company again and re explain everything. In addition they never sent the DJI Refresh code.

If you are buying from B&H, it may behoove you to try a different website that will stand behind their product. I was actually surprised of their response as I have had great service with them before. Now I just want to return everything and take my business somewhere else.

Any ideas/input? I checked their return policy and it doesn't exclude the drones from being returned, although it says the Refresh is non returnable (but I have not received the code yet)

Thanks
I have done business with B&H since they opened their doors. They are 100% reliable. They are simply following DJI policy that is REQUIRED by DJI. This is not an issue with B&H....I strongly recommends them. Excellent customer service, great online store, fast shipping, no tax and best of all, VERY GOOD PEOPLE !!! NO, I don't work for them !!!

I was about to pull the trigger on one, I think I'll stick with one with an in house return policy in case of DOA.

I got my Fly More from B&H along with a lot of other items for both the Mavic and P4P and never have an issue. It's always between them and Amazon. I live in MD so I usually get it next day and free shipping plus no sales tax.

Ive spent an embarrassingly large amount of money with B&H (probably $k 15-20k in the past few years). Ive only ever had one issue and it was quickly resolved. Its unfortunate if DJI has a different policy with B&H. I bought my Mavic from them and so far so good ;)

On a side note since the B&H rep is on here....How about a gift card since ive been such a loyal customer?! :)

Hi guys, just wanted to give you an update, after more than 8 emails to B&H it took 25 days to finally get a refund for the defective Mavic that was not flown once.

I sent it back 2 days after I got it. So you have to send it to their vender company which takes 5 days to ship there, then they have to go through it with a fine toothed comb. Once they get done with their testing they email B&H and tell them its approved.

Honestly it left a bad taste in my mouth with the poor service from B&H and DJI. I have not bought another one and am looking at other options. I did go to best buy and they told me that if I have any gimbal issues or any issues not resulting in a crash I can bring it in and they will give me a brand new one within 15 days.

I think it is worth paying the tax for the piece of mind to being able to exchange it with no questions asked. Thanks again for the help from everyone, I was extremely frustrated with this ordeal.

Hi guys, just wanted to give you an update, after more than 8 emails to B&H it took 25 days to finally get a refund for the defective Mavic that was not flown once.

I sent it back 2 days after I got it. So you have to send it to their vender company which takes 5 days to ship there, then they have to go through it with a fine toothed comb. Once they get done with their testing they email B&H and tell them its approved.

Honestly it left a bad taste in my mouth with the poor service from B&H and DJI. I have not bought another one and am looking at other options. I did go to best buy and they told me that if I have any gimbal issues or any issues not resulting in a crash I can bring it in and they will give me a brand new one within 15 days.

I think it is worth paying the tax for the piece of mind to being able to exchange it with no questions asked. Thanks again for the help from everyone, I was extremely frustrated with this ordeal.

One word: AMAZON.

This has been a pretty well documented issue with B&H and DJI products over the years and has been discussed across a couple of the other DJI forums as well: never buy from BH Photo for DJI products

I personally use B&H for camera and photo gear aside from drones and they've always been great for that but it definitely seems that when it comes to DJI products they are a bit behind the eight ball.

The dealer is responsible for DOA issues that are reported within 7 days of receipt of the order. I'm not sure what the OP's timeframe was for reporting the issue. DJI has significantly reduced their defect rate and as of the last two years we're seeing far less DOA DJI products than prior. DJI holds their products to the highest QC standards in the industry, although product lines like Mavic and Phantom are mass produced and therefore a small defect rate.

Sorry to hear about your issue and I am happy to hear that you did end up receiving a refund, despite the frustration.

Hi Guys, Sorry to hear about your experience with BH Photo and Gradus but I just wanted to put it out there that I had a good experience on my exchange. My Mavic was having issues taking pics within a couple weeks of purchase, I sent it back to Gradus using their 2 day UPS delivery slip and BH Photo shipped a new one to me the same day the old one was received. No fuss.

I am glad they took care of you, after the stink I raised they even came on here and tried to comment. Gradus sent me a ups lab, but it was ground and took five days just to ship there. I ended up just buying my mavic from the Apple Store. The return policy is the best around and they have it in stock. It was worth paying the tax for the price of mind.

I have done business with B&H since they opened their doors. They are 100% reliable. They are simply following DJI policy that is REQUIRED by DJI. This is not an issue with B&H....I strongly recommends them. Excellent customer service, great online store, fast shipping, no tax and best of all, VERY GOOD PEOPLE !!! NO, I don't work for them !!!

It does not matter what is required by DJI, DJI and B&H must still follow US consumer protection laws. They cannot refuse to return an item if it is within their return policy. I was given the same run around with B&H for a Mavic return. Ended up fixing it myself as I didn't want to wait their absurd time frame to get the issue resolved. However I will not be buying from B&H any longer...

I regret hearing of your experience. DJI's agreement with Vendors (and this is not UNIQUE take in a defective product and give the client a new one. If B&H did that, they would be stick with your defective product as DJI won't replace it for them. What exact Consumer Protection Law are you referring to? I'd like to know because as far as I can see, it does not violate any law that I am aware of but I cannot give you legal advice. Don;'t take anything I say here as legal advice.

I regret hearing of your experience. DJI's agreement with Vendors (and this is not UNIQUE take in a defective product and give the client a new one. If B&H did that, they would be stick with your defective product as DJI won't replace it for them. What exact Consumer Protection Law are you referring to? I'd like to know because as far as I can see, it does not violate any law that I am aware of but I cannot give you legal advice. Don;'t take anything I say here as legal advice.

LOL, who would take "legal advice" from some random forum member? First of all, what you said doesn't make sense, and that is not how retail works... You think every store who accepts any return is out the money and stuck with a defective product??? B&H sells a ton of DJI products, grow some balls and tell DJI we will not carry your products if you require an anti-consumer policy like that. The sales contract is between you and B&H, there is no reason a 3rd party should be involved at all.

In addition to retailers being required to accept the return of defective items, federal law provides a "Cooling-Off Rule " giving buyers three days to return purchases of $25 or more.

Additionally states have their own consumer protection laws. For example in California where I am from, a retailer is required to disclose their return policy and any unique situations like this PRIOR TO THE SALE. If a retailer violates this law (California Civil Code section 1723), the purchaser can return an item for a full refund within 30 days of purchase. Retailers are required to clearly post their refund policy unless they offer a full cash refund, exchange, or store credit within seven days of the purchase date. Retailers failing this requirement are required to accept full refunds within 30 days of purchase.

Reactions: Brojon
If you bought with a credit card the card issuer will get involved if you ask.
The companies know this and will avoid it at all costs usually because if you report that they are not cooperating the CC issuer will refund your money and take the fight to the people giving you grief. As a side note most CC issuers also have additional theft loss and extended warranties they give.
So - bottom line contact B&H and tell them you'd like a return/exchange or you will have the credit card company take it up.

Nonsense - most major purchases and even most minor purchases if they sell you a defective item it's on them to replace it. If it *becomes* defective after you've used it then it's a manufacturer issue.
Some will lie to you because they don't want to deal with it but the truth is you are not buying a pig in a poke - they warranty that they are providing you with functional goods - anything but that and you have grounds to request a refund or exchange - their choice.

Reactions: Mavman
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tore Korsnes