DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Downlink data connection lost for x.x seconds...

kodiak1120

Reactions
I'm not sure what I should do. Ever since Christmas, my Mavic has been giving me constant "Downlink data connection lost for x.x seconds" error messages. It seemed to get better after the firmware update right after Christmas, but today it did it again, several times. I've tried different flying locations, I restarted my phone and restarted the app, I restarted the controller and the Mavic... none of that worked.

Here's an example log from healthydrones.com:

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Here's another one:

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

As you can see, not only was I line-of-sight from the Mavic, it was less than 30 ft from me.

When it happens, I seem to have full control over the Mavic, but the video signal freezes in the app monentarily. The video from the SD card is fine, but the video from the cache in the app shows the freezes and video glitches as they happened.

Any help?

I'm going to contact DJI tomorrow, but I wanted to see if anyone else had this issue.

I chatted with DJI this morning... I was told to "refresh" the firmware using DJI Assistant 2 from a PC. I'll give that a try tonight. Here's the link they sent me with instructions:

Ok... so I downloaded DJI Assistant 2 and "refreshed" the firmware via my PC... Problem remains. I lost connection about 10 times in a five minute flight. I took the USB cable out of the handle for the remote and plugged it in directly to the phone, to make sure it was fully seated... still didn't fix it.

I tried my old phone, which is a Note 4, running DJI Go 4 and the problem went away. Video froze monentarily here and there, but never got the disconnect message and it only happened once or twice.

Seems like this might be an issue with my phone (Moto X Pure, Android 6.0) more than anything. Still need to do some testing, but it's seems pretty telling that as soon as I switched phones, the problem went away.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman