DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drilling Holes In Camera Cover

bemeis

Reactions
I heard people say to take off the camera cover because it blocks airflow to the fan. So I was thinking, what if I still some holes around the bottom and sides of the cover (not in camera view). This will give me camera protection and allow airflow to fan. I'll be drilling the holes tonight. Any input is greatly appreciate! Thanks for lopking!

I heard people say to take off the camera cover because it blocks airflow to the fan. So I was thinking, what if I still some holes around the bottom and sides of the cover (not in camera view). This will give me camera protection and allow airflow to fan. I'll be drilling the holes tonight. Any input is greatly appreciate! Thanks for lopking!

Dji would have put extra holes in if they thought it was necessary. The thin slot is ample, that is why it's there.
We don't all go drilling extra holes in our cars to keep them cool!

You can 100% run the drone with the guard on. Especially have it flying with the guard on. If you're really concerned about it then you can buy the guards that are solid on the sides and then have a cut out on the front. Not a DJI product but readily available. Will find one and attach a link.

Thanks for the input. Twas just an idea!

What's your main reason for keeping the cover on? You have a Flying Camera, why not take advantage of its full potential. I accidentally crashed my drone into a bush traveling at 30mph. It recorded everything perfectly and with no scratches (don't recommend it[emoji12])
If you aren't flying safe, you shouldn't be flying at all. Trust the drone for what it is and just practice your flying ability! Have Fun!!

Those after market sun hoods are cr4p...they don't work.
I don't use the clear one, it does nothing but ruin the image/video imo.

What's your main reason for keeping the cover on? You have a Flying Camera, why not take advantage of its full potential. I accidentally crashed my drone into a bush traveling at 30mph. It recorded everything perfectly and with no scratches (don't recommend it[emoji12])
If you aren't flying safe, you shouldn't be flying at all. Trust the drone for what it is and just practice your flying ability! Have Fun!!
I was just playing in the yard today. No photos or whatnot so I decided I might as well leave it on for protection.

I was just playing in the yard today. No photos or whatnot so I decided I might as well leave it on for protection.

If you are doing any longer flying (10+ mins) and are taking video/pix it is best not to have the gimbal cover. I know DJI's videos show it with the cover, but the camera is best without it and it is so stable that worrying about crashes is non existent with a little bit of practice.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robqwe