Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone co2 floatations device

Would you buy it for $49?

• Total voters

j3rm

Reactions
Sorry, no such product exist, yet.

It would be nice if this company would build a water activated product for drones.

www.kingii.com

Maybe if people request it from the they will realize the market is there for such a device and deliver.

Sorry, no such product exist, yet.

It would be nice if this company would build a water activated product for drones.

www.kingii.com

Maybe if people request it from the they will realize the market is there for such a device and deliver.

I thought about that idea but the Co2 cylinder would be too heavy to be practical. Even if you got that far you need a valve system to puncture the cylinder top or open some kind of valve then add to that water detection circuitry, a battery and the flotation device and a compartment to hold it and overall its not looking very portable or lightweight.

Reactions: Speedy
I got this:
Amazon.com : GetterBack Rod Recovery System with Black Velcro Strap, Yellow : Fishing Reel Care Accessories : Sports & Outdoors
cda8194c5b977a1a25e37775181c8d2b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using MavicPilots mobile app

I purchased the getterback but in the ocean or moving water like a stream, I'm not sure its realistic in all moving water scenarios.

I purchased the getterback but in the ocean or moving water like a stream, I'm not sure its realistic in all moving water scenarios.
Only 100' of line, so not much good in any kind of deep water. There is a good video on youtube that shows it's limitations for anything like a drone.

Only 100' of line, so not much good in any kind of deep water. There is a good video on youtube that shows it's limitations for anything like a drone.

For some people who fly over rivers or shallow lakes it will be a good option. If you fly over the ocean and expect to find your Mavic with a Getterback you are most likely deluding yourself into a false sense of security. Most of the time the ocean past the shoreline drops down past a 100ft really quickly. Also I question the ability to spot a piece of floating cork in any kind of turbulent water unless you are pretty much GPS locked right on the crash site.

I think there is a new product for this scenario. A water activated product that is light weight but buoyant enough to float 2 pounds. I've got some ideas on how to accomplish it but there is a bit of engineering to be done to bring it to market. Hopefully someone with the right skills will come up with something.

I've been using the Getterback on my P2, and will use it on my MP, once it arrives. But, like Robbyg said above, there are many scenarios where this device simply won't be visible. The up-side of it is that it just doesn't weigh anything, so, no harm - no foul. At least it will give me a few minutes of hope, while I wait for the bobber to rise to the surface, before all hopes of recovery are dashed...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan