DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone compiler pro

johnny_adams

Reactions
Screenshot_20170527-212311.png Downloaded drone compiler pro very informative app.
Cannot fly at my house, our block of land or the in-laws house!

I have 2 questions.
1: does anyone know what the no fly zone is from albury to Adelaide?
2: in a restricted zone can a drone pilot request permission from atc if so how?

Last edited:
Downloaded drone compiler pro very informative app.
Cannot fly at my house, our block of land or the in-laws house!

I have 2 questions.
1: does anyone know what the no fly zone is from albury to Adelaide?
2: in a restricted zone can a drone pilot request permission from atc if so how?

Hi Johnny, please be more specific. You're talking about a large area. I'm in Albury, so happy to discuss (based on facts and current CASA info)

Hi Johnny,

I've downloaded and been using the CASA App. "Can I fly there?". It's for non-commercial small hobby RPA's.
It's actually very, very good for quickly seeing where you can fly and what restrictions or warnings. It looks like it is the Govt. version of Drone Compiler (made by them for CASA) so one would presume it's accurate. It has links that take you to CASA info, and the way I'm reading most of the CASA rules they appear to be pretty sensible with their guidelines, they almost appear to be on our side with their regulations. The one part I'm still trying to get my head around is on their "Flying Your Drone For Fun" leaflet/pdf where it states - ".... If you are in controlled airspace, which covers most Australian cities, you must not fly higher than 120 metres". The way this reads to me is, when I'm out in the open country away from airports and cities I don't have this 120 metre restriction on me as I'm no longer in controlled airspace - would love to get clarification. I'm certainly not wanting to go up to 1000 ft as I know helicopters are legally allowed to fly that low, but would love to go beyond the 120 metres at times. I fly around inner Melbourne and their app makes it to easy to fly responsibly. They do have a sneaky part of the App that logs every time you choose a point on the map back to them along with your Google account info. They should remove this if they want everyone to use this.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky