DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone conspiracy

This is from back in October. Not sure if anyone has posted it before.

Wow, they take the term No Drones to a whole new level LOL!! Exert from the article:

".......so alarmed that they brought down the unmanned aircraft, destroyed it, took some state employees hostage and set fire to five government vehicles."

Last edited:
People are under almost 100% surveillance almost 100% of the time. We are tracked online. Houses (yours & others) have surveillance cameras in every room. Go outside and your every move is tracked by surveillance cameras. Go into a store or get gas, surveillance cameras again. But a drone flown for recreational purposes; that's where people draw the line???

People are under almost 100% surveillance almost 100% of the time. We are tracked online. Houses (yours & others) have surveillance cameras in every room. Go outside and your every move is tracked by surveillance cameras. Go into a store or get gas, surveillance cameras again. But a drone flown for recreational purposes; that's where people draw the line???

So true, and the stuff we volunteer about ourselves is often more relevant.

I'm a ham radio operator and a few years ago a guy made a big deal out of saying he would never operate one of the newer digital modes because the software had a file saving feature that he felt would allow others to track some of his information. I used his callsign to find his other publicly available information and discovered about 2500 other posts to various forums (ham radio and otherwise) he had made that volunteered all sorts of things about himself. I discovered a couple of law suits against him, as well as LOTS of other personal information. The entire process took all of 30 minutes on Google and generated a pretty interesting profile.

All of that pales when compared to the stuff people willingly provide about themselves on social media, and it doesn't take the Supreme Court to grant approval to track somebody's movements via cell phone.

Drone surveillance is a red herring if you're worried about somebody knowing what you're doing.

The real life reason to leave your drone at home when visiting Mexico.
I wouldn't go that far. Just be weary in *some* very remote areas. If you think there's misinformation and general distrust in the "west", it's even crazier here in Mexico, sometimes, in some places.

I have logged 168 hours of flight, mostly in Mexico, and not a single barely a problem.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Just to put things in perspective - this is what can happen in a place with simple, uneducated people, who have been colonized and screwed over for centuries, when they run into people/concepts/devices they don't understand...

Just to be clear, I think this sort of thing could happen anywhere in the world. I organized and guided bicycle tours in Mexico for 16 year, and have personally bicycled well over 50,000 km, in various parts of the country, mostly in rural areas, and have never had a problem. But, there's rural, and there's rural. I have also been to parts of the country, which are very inaccessible, rarely visited by outsider Mexicans, never mind foreign tourists, where I would not at all be surprised at things like this happening - I'm talking "Hatfields and McCoys" type stuff and places.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Why they take the term No Drones to a whole new level LOL!! Exert from the article:

".......so alarmed that they brought down the unmanned aircraft, destroyed it, took some state employees hostage and set fire to five government vehicles."
Sounds like they need to lay off the Mountain Dew for a while.

• Haha
Reactions: GFields and basyok
Wow!

This is from back in October. Not sure if anyone has posted it before.

This is the same country where, at the beginning of the pandemic, there were serious protests outside the corona beer brewery being the source of the virus, and the company had to make significant announcements that they had nothing to do with it.

• Sad
Reactions: basyok

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engmarceloacs