DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone in Russia and China

seti007

Reactions
Hi guys, I will be traveling to China in March and Russia in April with my mavic Pro. I know that both countries have laws similar to the US especially Russia where the Drone has to be registered but is it for locals as well as tourists? I just do not wanted to be confiscated because I did not register. I especially fear that while in Russia, drone could be confiscated by police or customs? How about Transportation only? What if I only transported and not fly it? Thanks in advance

For Russia:
we have a law to register drones, but we have no procedures for it yet.
you shouldn't fly near airports, army bases and near Kremlin in Moscow.
anyway, fine for physical persons is about 5000 rubles which about approx 75 USD

i imagine FSB would not only confiscate drone but beat you with drone if caught flying over the Kremlin

Reactions: Slayerstwin
For Russia:
we have a law to register drones, but we have no procedures for it yet.
you shouldn't fly near airports, army bases and near Kremlin in Moscow.
anyway, fine for physical persons is about 5000 rubles which about approx 75 USD
Thanks for the info. I ended up cancelling my Russia plans for the time being. Will head to Greece instead. I just don't want to take chances. Having a law is fine but if there's no way to register them I'm in violation even if I want to obey it and that doesn't make sense to me.

Is it possible to fly in St Petersburg?
Does anyone know of restrictions in Belarus?

I'm going to St. Petersburg in about a week and bringing my Mavic. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm having a hard time finding where to register. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm pretty nervous but really want to bring it.

St Petersburg is a beautiful town - good to be cautious though. I got the hairy eyeball from someone in uniform when I was on a tour boat, photographing a military hovercraft. Photographed him too, giving me the hairy eyeball haha.

Hey, I've read that the laws were changed in Russia in July 2017. Is it still ok to bring a drone into Russia???

I don't actually want to fly it there, just bring it through Russia (I'll be in St Petersburg 3 days) on my way to the glass igloos of northern finland where i want to fly it (in -10 to -20 celcius weather!)

I only my mavic tomorrow! It's my new baby and I dont want it confiscated!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan