DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone insuarance and public liability

I am not inclined to advertise or endorse companies on this forum however:

The company that I am with has given me good service and feedback, though I have yet to make a claim from them. I pay about $30 pm for hardware, software etc and $1250 public liability insurance.

From hearsay the one that you are interested in is well respected in Australia, the go to for a few corporate organisations.

Insurance generally:
The cost of insuring your drone (hardware) is minimal and is hardly worth the paperwork for a claim. They will ask you for your complete flight records to ensure that you are flying legally etc.
The big deal is the public liability insurance. I require that in order to apply for some jobs. Goes with the territory. My company allows me to increase this cover for a short period if required.

Caveats:
Understand the regulations and Fly legally at all times.
Understand your situational awareness and respect for your community (and they will respect you in turn).
And, Bob Dylan once said 'To live outside of the law you have got to be honest'.

Attachments

• Rodd Point.JPG
    Rodd Point.JPG
    5.3 MB · Views: 5
I submitted my claim to PAI insurance on 23 Nov'23, still in a process - my drone to be accessed, send to the repair, pass flight tests and quality assurance and then get back to me.
The drone fell down from 50m hight on a concrete ground uncontrolled, supposedly to be repaired.
Analysing log files the likelihood of the crash is the failure of 4 cells out of 6, few seconds before the crash.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead