DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone knowledge test; which rules did I break in this picture and story?

if it was me writing the scenario, i would've left out a lot of details, especially ones that obviously make it look like pilot error.

I intentionally made every move he made pilot error, so that people can identify what procedures and rules were violated.

Can you create a fictitious scenario and ask people to identify rules being broken? You can base it in OZ, who have some different regs than we do in the USA.

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
B- ? May I try for extra credit? The loss of signal ended and RTH failed when the engine sounds of the landing jet somewhere in the fog at the nearby airport suddenly changed from a low hum to loud popping noises. The operator clearly made the mistake of not giving the right of way to a low flying aircraft, and his DJI refresh warranty is probably voided as a result of there being no recoverable drone body.

I intentionally made every move he made pilot error, so that people can identify what procedures and rules were violated.

Can you create a fictitious scenario and ask people to identify rules being broken? You can base it in OZ, who have some different regs than we do in the USA.
Well, if details were left out, it's either one of 2 scenarios.
1. Don't know the rules
2. Know the rules, but too embarrassed to admit it.
Which sums up what went wrong.

hi rob i dont know about what he did wrong he did nothing right and would not have been the first person to come on the forum and blame everything but himself for his drone loss

hi rob i dont know about what he did wrong he did nothing right and would not have been the first person to come on the forum and blame everything but himself for his drone loss

He did nothing right! Very true!

He would not be the first person to blame the equipment, Im sure. I never thought about that angle of it. Yes some people do complain that their an "operator error induced crash" is DJI's fault.

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
Thumbswayup

What could he do after he lands to help find the drone, even if he didnt have a tracker?

Use the Find My Drone portion of the DJIGO4 App. That will give a rough guesstimate as to where one should begin thier search.

This was a great scenario as it combined so many of the pilot errors that are brought to light on the forum.

Also, the fictional operator did not mention that he waited to take off until the HOME POINT had been recorded. For all we know given this scenario the fictional operator only had a minimal number of GPS satellites locked.

Oh, and even in pea soup fog at ground level one will still see thier Mavic at 20 feet. The rear beacon (light) will pierce 20 foot fog. Now 60 feet and above not so much. :)

Best idea in this scenario is abandon the flight or if you have the spare time wait for conditions to clear while charging the battery and eating some fritos.

Use the Find My Drone portion of the DJIGO4 App. That will give a rough guesstimate as to where one should begin thier search.

This was a great scenario as it combined so many of the pilot errors that are brought to light on the forum.

Also, the fictional operator did not mention that he waited to take off until the HOME POINT had been recorded. For all we know given this scenario the fictional operator only had a minimal number of GPS satellites locked.

Excellent comments.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saikiran Villa