DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone Nerds Repair Service for Mavic

Capt Drone

Reactions
Recently the battery came loose from my Mavic in flight. The result was my Mavic fell over 300 feet into some trees. Only damage was the gimbal and props but of course it needed to be sent to DJI.

When my Mavic was only a few days old, I had a minor encounter with a bush and of course damaged the gimbal and sent it back to DJI in California at that time for repair. This was NOT FUN. It took a month including super slow shipping and many calls and chats with customer service were required to finally get it back. Errors were made on DJI's part. I REALLY didn't want to work with them again. Even though it is under warranty I suspect they would say it was my error and charge me for a repairs/replacement.

Looking for another option to DJI I found DRONE NERDS in Miami. A quick call confirmed they do work on Mavics! So...off my Mavic went. I sent it overnight this time. The very next afternoon I was surprised to get an email from them confirming my Mavic had arrived and it actually had photos attached of my Mavic unpacked at their shop.

The next day I receive a nice email from Chad stating that the whole camera would have to be replaced and they did not currently have them in stock, but were expecting a large shipment of them this week. He said it would quickly be repaired, calibrated, test flown and sent back to me just as soon as their shipment arrived.

I will let you guys know how this all turns out, but so far my feeling is, these guys are really professional. I'm sure their Mavic business is relatively small right now as most are still under warranty. Looks like they work on lots of Phantoms.

I really hope this works out well. Sure would be nice to have a fast and reliable alternative to DJI.

Here is a link to Drone Nerds repair. Drone Parts, Repairs & Custom Drones - DJI™ Largest Authorized Service

I bought my drone from them along with their insurance. They had poor communication during the launch fiasco and I won't order from them again, but happy to hear they sound to do better in the repair field. Hope your repair turns out successful! Best of luck.

I crashed my Mavic and called Drone Nerds. I asked what the main difference between their service and DJIs was, and they said faster turn around, service fee was less, and they confirmed part prices were the same as DJI.

That all sounded good, so I sent them my Mavic, which they received a few days later on March 28th (and they sent photos, which was cool). Things were busy and it took three weeks instead of two for them to let me know what needed fixing - they said the camera needed to be replaced, but they didn't have any cameras. They said DJI has a backlog and is being slow to ship this particular part.

It's May 15th today, and there is still no word when I can expect to get my drone back. At this point, it's been in the shop for a month and a half with no end in sight.

Every now and then I get an email saying they haven't forgotten about me and are still waiting for parts. They have been responsive to emails I've sent them, though it usually takes a couple days to get a reply, and they have been nice enough to offer me a discount because of how long everything is taking.

But still no drone.

Is everyone that needs a new camera having this issue with delays, or is this is unusual?

Due to the fragility of both the camera and gimbal, I would expect all associated parts to be in high demand. I'd be willing to bet DJI can hardly keep up with the repairs, and shipping parts to other repair shops might take a back seat to DJI needs.

DN is used by my local dealer, both as a distributor and for repair. My son bought his Mavic from them, and all words of quality of workmanship from other forums has been very good. I ordered parts from them to repair my P3A when it crashed the first time and now I am going to go to them for parts for the second crash. I have no problem with them at this time. By the way, the first minor P3 crash was my fault. This 2nd one was a major failure of control somewhere in the drone. Haven't diagnosed it yet.

Important question: How can they order parts like a completely new gimbal/camera from DJI? Does DJI send these repair parts to anyone? If so, can't we just repair our drones ourself? I'm sure it isn't easy, but I'm also sure it's worth the steep learning curve given how horrid the alternative (sending it to DJI and waiting 1-2 months to get *something* back) is.

I don't care about voiding the warranty as for all intents and purposes it is useless.

I just wanted to post a quick update. Dronenerds finally received a shipment of camera parts from DJI and once that happened, service was quick and painless. I eventually got my Mavic back the first few days of June, so in total, it was in the shop for just over 2 months.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun