DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone Regulations in Panama

rustynutz

Reactions
Hey, I'm heading down to Panama for vacation and would like to know if anyone can tell me the rules for operating a UAV in the country? I've been searching the web for info but cant seem to find much that's in English or anything that is really clear on what is required. Thanks!

Hi! You will need to register your UAV or RTA (here) with Civil Aviation. It's very Fast. Bulding 808 in Albrook. Bring your UAV and register it. Then you can fly with the same rules as in the USA.
Cheers.

Hi! You will need to register your UAV or RTA (here) with Civil Aviation. It's very Fast. Bulding 808 in Albrook. Bring your UAV and register it. Then you can fly with the same rules as in the USA.
Cheers.
Will I be allowed to bring my phantom 3 into Panama? Traveling from USA to Panama next week and don't want to get there and have it taken.

Will I be allowed to bring my phantom 3 into Panama? Traveling from USA to Panama next week and don't want to get there and have it taken.

Hi Tommy, you should not have any problem. If they ask you, be sure to tell them that you already know that you will have to register your drone with "Aeronáutica Civil" in Albrook before attempting and flights.
Be sure to do it. Its free and will save you from any trouble.
Clayton park area is fantastic for aerial pictures as well as the beaches.
Cheers!

Great thank you, there isn't much info out there in panama drone laws, you were a big help. I also have a piece of paper I printed out that says "formulario de registro de RPA Autoridad Aeronautica Civil Panama"

Great thank you, there isn't much info out there in panama drone laws, you were a big help. I also have a piece of paper I printed out that says "formulario de registro de RPA Autoridad Aeronautica Civil Panama"
You are welcome. That form is the one you fill at the Aviation Agency. They place a small sticker on your drone with your reg number.
Have a great trip.

You are welcome. That form is the one you fill at the Aviation Agency. They place a small sticker on your drone with your reg number.
Have a great trip.

Is this the building where I should register? IMG_2207.PNG

How was it? Was that really simple to register? What documents is necessary (the AAC registration form mention "pilot license"?
Hi, sorry for the late reply. You need to go to the Albrook Airport. Inside just ask around for drone registration, there offices are upstairs. There's a woman there who will give you a sticker to put on your drone. There's a form you should probably fill out before you get there just to make things easier. I believe is already linked in this forum.

Hi, sorry for the late reply. You need to go to the Albrook Airport. Inside just ask around for drone registration, there offices are upstairs. There's a woman there who will give you a sticker to put on your drone. There's a form you should probably fill out before you get there just to make things easier. I believe is already linked in this forum.
Thanks for the info!

The AAC's office (as TommyL mentioned) has really moved to the Albrook Airport, and it is located currently downstairs, next to main entrance. It took me 5 minutes to get the drone registered. It all went ok!
Thanks again to TommyL and Julioego for all the information, registration form, regulation, etc!
Let's fly!!!!

Reactions: TommyL
The AAC's office (as TommyL mentioned) has really moved to the Albrook Airport, and it is located currently downstairs, next to main entrance. It took me 5 minutes to get the drone registered. It all went ok!
Thanks again to TommyL and Julioego for all the information, registration form, regulation, etc!
Let's fly!!!!
Glad we now have solid info on panama drone registration :)

Hi guys.

Do I have to have Pilot's license to fly drone in Panama or I can register UAV without it? Thank's !

Yes you can. Go to Aeronáutica Civil and register it. Thst’s it. You are done.
Cheers.

Reactions: Bartek
For those wishing to fly a drone in Rwanda, here are some guidelines and a website to visit

What is an RPAS?

A remotely piloted aircraft (RPA) is an aircraft that is operated with no pilot on board. An RPAS, or drone as it is commonly known, is one part of a remotely piloted aircraft system (RPAS), which includes other associated components, such as the remote control equipment.

Are toy aircraft considered as RPAS (drones)?

No.

What are the acceptable uses of RPAS?

The following are the accepted uses RPAS:

(a) Aerial photography/Filming;

(b) Agriculture for crop monitoring/inspection;

(c) Search and rescue or delivery of emergency supplies;

(d) Research and development;

(e) Educational/academic uses; and

(f) Recreational/Leisure.

Do I need a permit to fly an RPA in Rwanda?

Yes. You need a permit if you want to fly an RPAS outdoors.

What are the different types of permits?

(a) RPAS Activity Permit

An RPAS Activity Permit is granted by RCAA to an applicant for a single activity or a block of repeated activities to be carried out at a specific area of operation, and which are of specific operational profiles and conditions. The permit is valid for the period of activity.

(b) RPAS Operator Certificate

An RPAS Operator Certificate is granted by RCAA to an applicant if the applicant is able to ensure safe operation of RPA, taking into account the applicant's organisational set-up, competency of the personnel especially those flying the RPA, procedures to manage safety including the conduct of safety risk assessments, and the airworthiness of each of the aircraft. The certificate is valid for up to one year.

(c) Other Permits

Other permits may be required from various agencies for certain aspects of the RPAS operation that come under their purview, such as Rwanda National Police (RNP) or Rwanda Defense Force (RDF) for aerial photography and/or overflight of security-sensitive locations, or Rwanda Utilities Regulatory Agency (RURA) for the use of radio frequencies.

How do I apply for a permit to fly an RPA?

RCAA is the one-stop for the application of all permits for RPAS operations.

RCAA will process and coordinate with other relevant agencies on the evaluation of applications for any permit, and respond to the applicants on the outcome of their application. Application for RPAS operating certificate or permit is made on Form RCAA-Form-RPAS002 obtained from RCAA Office or downloaded from RCAA website: www.caa.gov.rw.

How long is the permit application processing time?

Applicants are encouraged to submit their application well in advance of the date of their RPAS activity.

(a) RPAS Activity Permit

The expected processing time for an application is at least 2 to 4 weeks for an Activity Permits, although straightforward cases or applications for RPAS Activity Permits may take a shorter time, presuming that the documents are received in good order. The processing time includes time required for assessment of submitted documents and coordination with other competent security agencies for security vetting prior to permit issuance.

(b) RPAS Operator Certificate

The expected processing time for an application is at least 2 months for RPAS Operator Certificates. Applications for an RPAS Operator Certificate require a more in-depth evaluation by RCAA and/or other agencies, or further discussions with the applicant. RCAA will process and coordinate with other relevant agencies such as Ministry of Internal Security (Rwanda National Police), Ministry of Defense and Rwanda Utilities Regulatory Agency (RURA), where applicable. Applications will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.

How do I know if my application has been approved?

RCAA will notify the applicants on the outcome of their application for any permit or certificate.

Thanks to everyone for their help. Was able to register my Mavic in about 10 minutes today. Any hints on good places to fly in Panama City? It seems like one giant NFZ.

I am heading to Panama canal by cruise ship in two weeks. I'm not sure if I can go the the Aviation Authority to register my drone. Any suggestion?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus