DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone Rules in Philippines

Chadnovz

Reactions
Anybody know about this? Been getting conflicting information about it

everything is legal in that group of island. just ready a few bucks, that's all you need, yeehaw!

This was sent to me by my contact in the Philippines last August.
I was also concerned hearing some tourist having to pay import tax @ Custom.

Attachments

• Drone%20reply(2).pdf
    2.8 MB · Views: 91
Reactions: bucefalo
This was sent to me by my contact in the Philippines last August.
I was also concerned hearing some tourist having to pay import tax @ Custom.

Thanks top hat! That clears things up

wonderful.. thanks for the post @Top Hat !

CAAP have all the drone regs on their website.

http://uavphilippines.com/dl/20151208 - CAAP MC 29-15.pdf has them mirrored.

Basically for hobbyist use, 400ft max altitude and not within 10km of an airport (this is quite a lot), not populated or crowded areas.

Small islands in particular are often within this, for example the main ultra-touristy holiday island of Boracay is entirely within the 10km exclusion zone of Caticlan airport.
Individual barangays can have their own rules too so check those.

Reactions: Chadnovz
I flew in Manila a few months ago. Police RAN over shortly after I launched. Officer kindly explained that in order for me to fly I need written permission from the Governmental Media Relations board. (I didn't fact check that). I immediately landed, thanked the officer and quickly walked away.

Attachments

• Rizal.jpg
    Rizal.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 31
  • Intramuros.jpg
    Intramuros.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 26
  • Pulisya.jpg
    Pulisya.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Well Rizal and Intramuros next to it are specifically designated as no fly zones. Plus flying anywhere in the middle of Manila is going to break the congested area rule.
That and stand for 20 mins in one spot with a mobile device you're lucky not to get robbed!

I'm currently in country with my Mavic Pro. I did bring up to the powers that be that tourists and returning residents are not Importers. We're not here to Import our drones for sale, hence that rule about paying customs duty does not apply, of course it fell on deaf ears with a blank stare. I launch from a basketball court, only hindrance are the five 20 story condos opposite where I fly, limiting my direction. The local cops been asking me for advice on purchasing one. Airport? I'm within 10km but I'm not in the flight lines. I'm more scared of some kid with a slingshot even hough I'm at 200feet to stay above the power lines. So far so good. Some resorts won't let you fly.

I'm currently in country with my Mavic Pro. I did bring up to the powers that be that tourists and returning residents are not Importers. We're not here to Import our drones for sale, hence that rule about paying customs duty does not apply, of course it fell on deaf ears with a blank stare. I launch from a basketball court, only hindrance are the five 20 story condos opposite where I fly, limiting my direction. The local cops been asking me for advice on purchasing one. Airport? I'm within 10km but I'm not in the flight lines. I'm more scared of some kid with a slingshot even hough I'm at 200feet to stay above the power lines. So far so good. Some resorts won't let you fly.
Ok, sounds good. One question though, did you bring your drone on the plane in your carry on, and did you have to take it out going through security for the x ray machine/inspection? I will be flying Philippine Airlines to Cebu Via Manila with my Mavic Air.

Got back from Phil last April via PAL to and from, drone + batteries in HSC are with me all times in overhead compartment. I flew it all over Zamboanga w/ out any hazzle but, did not get to fly it in Manila due to time constraint. I do have that letter that was sent to me by my contact @ CAAP just in case but didn't really need it.

Seems pretty sweet for recreational use, just fly;
  • at a maximum altitude of 122 m above the ground.
  • at least 30 m from people or large crowds & respect individuals' privacy.
  • at least 10 km away from airports.
  • away from areas where its use could interfere with police or first responders.
  • fly within day light & within your sight at all times.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1