DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone stuck in tree, in "special zone"

Did you find it?

I want to know the same thing but my guess is no. I haven't seen any pictures or anything either. Not sure if this is a huge stream or some little puddle. Is it fast moving where it could have swept it down stream anywhere or mostly standing still?

I want to know the same thing but my guess is no. I haven't seen any pictures or anything either. Not sure if this is a huge stream or some little puddle. Is it fast moving where it could have swept it down stream anywhere or mostly standing still?
Well, it is winter (although it was 60 degrees up there yesterday). Still, I'm guessing he isn't going swimming around in there looking for it. Probably wrote it off... ?

Well, it is winter (although it was 60 degrees up there yesterday). Still, I'm guessing he isn't going swimming around in there looking for it. Probably wrote it off... ?

True but is it deep enough to swim in? I don't think it was ever said how big or deep this stream is. A pair of fishing Waders will get you in if is a small stream, but if its a rushing river that's a different story. Without pics or info its all just up to our imaginations.

OK, update. I went back and searched all along the stream to see if it had floated for a while and got snagged against the bank by the current. No luck.

I looked into the wide area of deep, boggy fast flowing water where I would have to search - and realised it was nigh-on impossible. even for a scuba diver, the visibility was lousy, and it could be anywhere. So, whilst I took waterproof sandals and a change of clothing - I thought better of it.

I was very pessimistic about claiming on Care Refresh as someone above posted that if you can't produce the dead Mavic body, you can't claim. I thought of a Credit Card protection claim - but then remembered I'd bought it on a Debit Card - otherwise that would have been a good approach; most offer 90 day protection against loss, defect or damage on ANY item bought with the card.

So, with little hope I kicked of a Chat with DJI Support - as follows:

Me: "Hi. I bought a Mavic Pro a few weeks ago with Care Refresh. The other day it crashed into a tree and then fell into a river where it was lost. I have witnesses and photographs. Am I covered?"

Brian: "Yes"

Hooray! He is sending over the forms now via email.

My opinion of DJI and Care Refresh very much enhanced. Phew....

Holy Smokes! Crazy that they would cover that! I guess the DJI Refresh does have some good aspects.

Glad you will be getting a new Mavic Pro covered by DJI. You also learned a valuable lesson. Always carry a chain saw when flying the Mavic

orgyslayer02.gif

Reactions: KiterTodd

Me: "Hi. I bought a Mavic Pro a few weeks ago with Care Refresh. The other day it crashed into a tree and then fell into a river where it was lost. I have witnesses and photographs. Am I covered?"

Good to know! Got to get my telephoto lenses out and on the old DSLR...

OK, update. I went back and searched all along the stream to see if it had floated for a while and got snagged against the bank by the current. No luck.

I looked into the wide area of deep, boggy fast flowing water where I would have to search - and realised it was nigh-on impossible. even for a scuba diver, the visibility was lousy, and it could be anywhere. So, whilst I took waterproof sandals and a change of clothing - I thought better of it.

I was very pessimistic about claiming on Care Refresh as someone above posted that if you can't produce the dead Mavic body, you can't claim. I thought of a Credit Card protection claim - but then remembered I'd bought it on a Debit Card - otherwise that would have been a good approach; most offer 90 day protection against loss, defect or damage on ANY item bought with the card.

I'm surprised. Quite honestly. It says when making a DJI Care claim the entire drone most be returned.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I did check the Park signs beforehand; and only thing they forbade were ball games. The lady I first spoke to said that it is stated in their ordinances that drone flying is forbidden. Fair enough, but how many people really check those?
Still waiting to hear from the head guy.
There is heavy rain there now, which will probably kill the Mavic anyway, so I am hoping that this will dislodge it into the water and I will be allowed to pick it up...
At least then I can initiate Care Refresh.
I thought care refresh didn't cover water damage???

DJI Support.JPG

Mind you, they put me on an automated process which does assume I am returning a damaged item and I have to identify it; so I have emailed for advice...

Aagh! Got some kind of special zone message. Had to get an SMS code to continue. Of course it's now in a tree - 30 feet over water and pretty unrecoverable.

Is my DJI cover going to voided by that message?
Call an arborist. They likely can get it, one way or the other.

Reactions: dawgpilot
I would pay some skinny asset 18 year old to climb that tree for a couple of hundred bucks to retrieve my $1200 drone. Now I am only say 18 and $1200 because I live in Canada. Our rivers are solid right now but if you look at those youtube vids kids are doing a lot more dangerous stuff for nothing other than 2 min of fame on youtube

A park ranger probably climbed that tree and has a Mavic now . Advertise your remote controller locally and see who bites :)

Reactions: dawgpilot

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
christieng7