DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

easyjet regulations

Dunczyk

Reactions
I just finished talking to the easyjet helpdesk.
They said that I could take 2 batteries for hand luggage and one unloaded for an additional one.
Anyone can confirm this?

I fly almost every week or at least three times a month and I have never had an airline restrict what I have brought onto the plane. The TSA has always been the judge what I have taken with me.

There are general IATA / ICAO rules for dangerous goods, but each airline define their own rules*. MP and MPP has 43.6Wh batteries so you should take "reasonable" amount of them with you, but again it depends on airline (same as size of cabin baggage) so sometimes they tell you 2 pieces are ok, sometimes more.

I have an experience with Emirates last month. I told that them I have a drone with me and 2 spare batteries at check-in. They was fine with that and no one check exact number of them at security checks (I went through 8 security checks during my trip). Anyway if you fly with someone you can split all the batteries between two or more persons. If easyJet told you so, it's confirmed ;-)

* For example, ICAO and most of airlines says you can bring your drone in cabin baggage, but Emirates no - drone must by in checked baggage and batteries in cabin.

Last edited:
pisan60: The last line is very interresting and IMHO wrong...

@remet I was asking her this because we are family of five. Maybe she meant that as a family or per drone we are allowed to carry 3 in total.

@colinfowler I was baffled with her response. She was 5 minutes away from her pc to check about the batteries - can't tell if she spoke with someone or looked at their written policy.

@remet I was asking her this because we are family of five. Maybe she meant that as a family or per drone we are allowed to carry 3 in total.

@colinfowler I was baffled with her response. She was 5 minutes away from her pc to check about the batteries - can't tell if she spoke with someone or looked at their written policy.
she read it wrong. one in the drone and two spare, per carry on bag

Yes, I know that, it’s the policy of almost all airlines. That’s why I asked her about the 2 spares, presumably that the 3rd is in the drone. But the given response from EasyJet helpdesk to “Dunczyk” is the same. Either this is their policy about batteries or their staff is incompetent.

Also there is no mentioning about the discharge of the batteries, li-po save bags etc

Yes, I know that, it’s the policy of almost all airlines. That’s why I asked her about the 2 spares, presumably that the 3rd is in the drone. But the given response from EasyJet helpdesk to “Dunczyk” is the same. Either this is their policy about batteries or their staff is incompetent.

Also there is no mentioning about the discharge of the batteries, li-po save bags etc

Important Info Regardless of governing body or airline.
You MUST protect the battery from short circuit by placing electrical tape over the terminals, or by placing it in a protective case or strong plastic bag.

Civil Aviation Authority CAA UK Lithium Battery Regulations

Under 100Wh Lithium Battery Regulations
Allowed in Carry On Baggage in Equipment or as Spares
some Airlines Approval Needed
Not allowed in Hold Luggage

Reactions: pisan60
pisan60: I'm not discharging batteries, but using heavy LiPo safe bags (as I use them with other RC models) and ofcourse protecting batteries from short circuit even I'm not told to. Anyway I think it's just a comedy because of "drone-fear" and I never did these things with notebook batteries (same or higher capacity than Mavic) and no one ever cares.

Reactions: pisan60
In my opinion main problem is „100 Wh”. I can’t find anyware is total 3 or one battery regulation. all 3 in pro is about 138 Wh. And fallow pisan60,they need a lot of time to give an answer.

"The quantity permitted is based on watt-hours (Wh). Wh establishes the lithium content by multiplying voltage with the ampere-hours (Ah). For example, 14.40V x 5Ah battery = 72Wh.

The current IATA dangerous goods regulations and your rights as passenger to carry the LiPos with you in carry-on luggage but not in your checked luggage. There are 3 classes of LiPo batteries. Below 100Wh there are no quantity restrictions as to the amount of batteries you can carry. Between 100Wh and 160Wh you are limited to two battery packs total per passenger. Above 160Wh you are not permitted to carry the packs as carry-on."

from "dronethusiast"

Reactions: hryzec
I flew on EasyJet and Aurigny last summer with my Mavic and 2 batteries in my hand luggage, No problem.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure