DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

EBay cases - will they hold extended landing gear?

BorisTheSpider

Reactions
The eBay cases that all the Chinese vendors sell cheap (the semi-hard shells for the mavic and controller).

Can someone confirm for me - they look like they're very fitting and without extra space. Am I correctly assuming the one for the mavic won't fit it with extended landing gear fitted - I leave mine on and don't want to buy them if they don't accommodate it.

I've never seen a Mavic hard case that is able to hold the Mavic with the extended landing gear attached. If the description does not state it can do that, then it would be safe to assume it won't fit.

Reactions: Kilrah
Thanks. I thought as much. I'll think whether I'm prepared to fuss with removing and reinstalling it, but probably I'll just pass on the cases then, they'd be nice inside a camera bag but aren't really necessary for my use so probably it's better to just save myself a few euros

Boris you talking about these
IMG_8693.JPG If so no.

I've never seen a Mavic hard case that is able to hold the Mavic with the extended landing gear attached. If the description does not state it can do that, then it would be safe to assume it won't fit.

I can show you mine, it holds my Mavic with extended landing gear attached. Keep in mind that it's the $20 Sams Club case. I just cut out a small section of the foam under the plucking foam layer for the landing gear. I hated having to remove it every time.

Thanks guys. Dirkclod yes those are the ones I was talking about.

ThatB00STlife yeah I'm not in the US so I don't know if I could find the case you're referring to, but maybe you could post a picture anyway as it may be sold in Europe or direct from China under a different name - I've seen something like that you're referring to where it looks like if it didn't fit straight out of the box then the foam could be modified.

Here you go Boris. Like I said, it's a regular style hard case, like a Pelican case. Not the small ones you were talking about. But the Mavics extended landing gear sits in it perfectly. I also use the space to store the little silicone landing gear I have. I switch between the two depending on where I'm flying.
20170417_121957.jpg

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan