DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Eklutna Lake 3d shared from Google Photos

akdrone

Premium Pilot
Reactions
No idea if this will work or if the viewer has to have a google account. Let me know if this does or doesn't link to a spherical image for you...
Eklutna Lake 3d 2nd Try google photos

Last edited:
I get a "404. That’s an error."
Good to know. The link works for me but it may be simply because it's my account. I'll have to double check to see that it's not set to private. Anyone else get that error?

Well I still get the error. Did you update the first post? Or forget to post a new link?

Well I still get the error. Did you update the first post? Or forget to post a new link?
I updated the link in the first post. I now see I have to log into my google account to see it too so this isn't a good way to share 3d photos.

I updated the link in the first post. I now see I have to log into my google account to see it too so this isn't a good way to share 3d photos.
Well anytime I share a link from my google account it gives me a option to share to anyone with the link but I need to make sure it enable it.

Well anytime I share a link from my google account it gives me a option to share to anyone with the link but I need to make sure it enable it.
I reset the link in the original post. Does it work now?

That's a beautiful 360 panorama but it is NOT 3-d!

Stereo involves two different images, made from offset locations, one for each eye. It is the most difficult view type to display on a monitor or page because it requires the reader to either have something (glasses, a special viewer) or to know something (how to hold their eyes in an unusual attitude). The burgeoning field of virtual reality is all 3-d but the headsets are not cheap.

I have attached one of my more spectacular volcano ridges., two of a set of pictures made by flying my Mavic sideways. Most of you reading this will be able to see it in "cross-eye" stereo but many will not - there's the rub. You already know how to "cross" your eyes when you examine a small object up close, inches from your nose. That is not unusual because you keep it in focus as you move it closer.

To cross-eye a pair of images, try to de-sharpen your eyes and just concentrate on the pair of dots at the top. You'll see two, and then four as you cross your eyes and bring the two dots in the middle together. When they converge, you should be able to look down into the images and see the faulted cone wall "pop." The lenses of your eyes will be focused on your screen but the muscles will be controlling your eyes for close viewing - an unusual attitude. Some can, others can't, worth a try because there is so much more information in the stereo view.

I have been working this crazy volcano for 50 years, walking over it dozens of times, usually in bright sunlight. Since getting my Mavic Pro and flying at low sun angles of dawn and dusk, I have been able to see the subtle structures. I wish I could say I finally understand it but there are some drone-resistant thermodynamic problems involving the freezing and possible re-melting of rock.

2020-12-14_ma_086-Fp-085 R1 DecTrip qm.jpg

Reactions: MS Coast
No idea if this will work or if the viewer has to have a google account. Let me know if this does or doesn't link to a spherical image for you...
Eklutna Lake 3d 2nd Try google photos
It worked for me!! Loved it! I am viewing it on an iMAC 27 inch monitor. I am jealous I've been trying to learn this forever.

That's a beautiful 360 panorama but it is NOT 3-d!

Stereo involves two different images, made from offset locations, one for each eye. It is the most difficult view type to display on a monitor or page because it requires the reader to either have something (glasses, a special viewer) or to know something (how to hold their eyes in an unusual attitude). The burgeoning field of virtual reality is all 3-d but the headsets are not cheap.

I have attached one of my more spectacular volcano ridges., two of a set of pictures made by flying my Mavic sideways. Most of you reading this will be able to see it in "cross-eye" stereo but many will not - there's the rub. You already know how to "cross" your eyes when you examine a small object up close, inches from your nose. That is not unusual because you keep it in focus as you move it closer.

To cross-eye a pair of images, try to de-sharpen your eyes and just concentrate on the pair of dots at the top. You'll see two, and then four as you cross your eyes and bring the two dots in the middle together. When they converge, you should be able to look down into the images and see the faulted cone wall "pop." The lenses of your eyes will be focused on your screen but the muscles will be controlling your eyes for close viewing - an unusual attitude. Some can, others can't, worth a try because there is so much more information in the stereo view.

I have been working this crazy volcano for 50 years, walking over it dozens of times, usually in bright sunlight. Since getting my Mavic Pro and flying at low sun angles of dawn and dusk, I have been able to see the subtle structures. I wish I could say I finally understand it but there are some drone-resistant thermodynamic problems involving the freezing and possible re-melting of rock.

View attachment 156000
yes...not 3d :) my bad. Self flagellation will begin shortly LOL.
It worked for me!! Loved it! I am viewing it on an iMAC 27 inch monitor. I am jealous I've been trying to learn this forever.
The problem for many folks is that when you create a 360 in some app it often strips the necessary metadata and then you have to use a program to inject that metadata. Fortunately when you tell the DJI drone to do a spherical panorama the 360 file is created and that metadata is intact so all that has to be done is to upload the file to Facebook or Google Photos. Oddly when my Mav3 creates a 360 it saves it into the morass of hundreds of other photos instead of putting it into the sub folder of the panorama shots for that image. No big thing but when you do a weekend of shooting like I recently did and come back with 160+ GB of images and video... In any case, throw a drone up someplace and do a spherical pano and put the result into Google Photos. I did learn (here) about having to ensure you are sharing it properly. There's always something :).

If doing your own pano and you have missing information to make it a 360 photo for facebook or other social media all you have to do is add a camera and camera model that does 3d photos.
I have used this in the past:
Camera=Ricoh
Camera Model=Ricoh Theta S
So navigate to your finished photo and right click to get to the properties. Scroll down till you see camera and replace it with Ricoh
Replace camera model with Ricoh Theta S
Your final photo size should be no bigger then 10000x5000 as some social media sites will not take large photos.
If uploading to your google account I guess it really does not matter on the size as long its twice as long as high.
Screenshot 2022-10-18 145341.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev