DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Electromagnetic interference warning

wpeers

Reactions
Just got my Mavic pro and have been having a blast flying it. One issue I've found is that any time I push the right stick full forward I get a "strong electromagnetic interference" waning in red. Doesn't seem to matter if it's in normal or sport mode. If I don't have the stick full forward I don't get the message. Am I doing something wrong?

I don't think you are doing anything wrong.
I am myself new to the Mavic but didn't experience your described issue once in ~2h flight time.

Maybe check if your signal strength drops if that message pops up just to gather some more information. You could also export flight data from your drone to see if you get more information out of it.

I get the same thing if I take off from my driveway. I'm guessing its either the wifi signal from either my house or neighbors.

No, what you are experiencing is a rather common occurrence. Under full load, the motor wiring on some units gives off a magnetic field that affects the rear compass. The latest firmware then tells the flight controller to switch to the front (less noisy) compass, and issue an interference warning on the app. The firmware is correctly moving the input to the front compass, but this is a software fix to a hardware problem. If you contact DJI and explain to them what is going on, they will likely suggest you send it in. Apparently the shielding for the rear compass was inadequate on some units.

Before the firmware update, there was no warning, and the FC wouldn't change to the front compass. This resulted in a discrepancy between the GPS telemetry data and the compass. After several seconds of mismatched data, some units would start spiraling (known as the toilet-bowl effect - or TBE) until the GPS data was disregarded and the unit switched to ATTI mode.

In any case, I would reach out to DJI with a clear explanation that you get the error anytime you go full forward. I think you'll find it's even worse in Sport mode.

I get the same thing if I take off from my driveway. I'm guessing its either the wifi signal from either my house or neighbors.
There is a good chance that the rebar in the concrete is causing this. Try this. Place the Mavic on the driveway and the controller as far away from the Mavic where you can still see it. Wait for the error then manually lift the Mavic and see if the error goes away. Another thing you can do is look at the red triangle in the Go App and see if it's pointing in the right direction. You'll have to know what magnetic north is to do this.

I have been flying my Mavic sometime now with absolutely no issues at all however after the most recent Firmware release now whenever I hold the left stick full down I get this warning also. I can hold it down 90% no problem go to 100% warning comes up every time? Sould I be concerned about this? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I have been flying my Mavic sometime now with absolutely no issues at all however after the most recent Firmware release now whenever I hold the left stick full down I get this warning also. I can hold it down 90% no problem go to 100% warning comes up every time? Sould I be concerned about this? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I think I have this sorted, looks like the iPad mini internal magnet might be causing this.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hidnflagn