DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Electromagnetic Interference...?

zach5150

Reactions
I'm in Heidelberg Germany on vacation and have been trying to get some flight time in. Several times, in different parts of town I've gotten the a warning indicating 'Strong magnetic interference which could cause RC control issues' (or something similar, not verbatim) This warning has occurred prior to takeoff, so I've moved the mavic to another area near the original launch location and sometimes the warning no longer appears and other times it continues to come up unless I move to a completely different location.

I'm more RF savvy than many and I understand RF and electromagnetic interference fairly well. I'm not an Electrical Engineer but I was a Navy Electronics technician, worked in the semiconductor industry with RF and microwave, and in cellular test labs doing RF parametric testing.

Evaluating the launch areas where I've received this warning, I don't see any obvious signs of EM interfere. No transformers. No antenna masts or cell towers. No overhead power lines. Nothing metallic in the area. Nothing obvious. I suppose there could be something underground such as power lines, piping, or something of the sort, but has anyone else experienced this? I didn't see this warning one single time when flying back in the US. Is there something unique about European city infrastructure (underground cabling, etc...) that I'm unaware of?

I'm on the latest v1.03 firmware.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rambezito