DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 1 emergency drone landing

What was causing the drifting during the descent? Going by the trees I wouldn't have thought the wind was gusty enough to cause that amount of movement, unless your trees are very stiff.
Glad the drone's ok.

Reactions: iamcostas
What was causing the drifting during the descent? Going by the trees I wouldn't have thought the wind was gusty enough to cause that amount of movement, unless your trees are very stiff.
Glad the drone's ok.
i flied the drone vertically up to 40m ( 10m above the trees). When i decided to take the drone down , watching through the drone's camera, i realized that the drone shifted near 50m away from the return home point. Then i tried to move the drone back to the home point but it was almost impossible because of the strong winds. So, i decided to do emergency landing because the battery level was around 10-15%.
luckily the drone it is still fine. i was playing with my luck. i got my lesson and i am not curius anymore about flying through strong winds :)

You need to be aware that the winds aloft are commonly much stronger than those on the surface. While the trees generate turbulence in the wind, they can also further decrease felt wind speed down low. You simply flew you drone in conditions well beyond its capabilities, that's why it was "drifting" in the wind, even though it was doing its best to stay stationary over the ground. Glad you're drone is okay.

Are you sure you had GPS lock (8 sats+) in this. It was windy as hell but that was a hell of a ride

Are you sure you had GPS lock (8 sats+) in this. It was windy as hell but that was a hell of a ride
at the time of landing (crash) there have been 16 satellites .
for hours i am trying to understand what happen exactly to this flight.
so, i got into flight log sub folder in the DJI folder on my phone , also i was took a look on the DJI GO 4 flight record on my phone and i registered in the airdata.com website, and i upload the crash log text file to get a better view of all these measurements and data of the flight.
at the end i think i am going to stop and have a brake because my brain can't all this information at once :)
i swear, i was just going up and down and rotate left and right :)
who in this world invent these toys?

crash.jpg

at the time of landing (crash) there have been 16 satellites .
for hours i am trying to understand what happen exactly to this flight.
so, i got into flight log sub folder in the DJI folder on my phone , also i was took a look on the DJI GO 4 flight record on my phone and i registered in the airdata.com website, and i upload the crash log text file to get a better view of all these measurements and data of the flight.
at the end i think i am going to stop and have a brake because my brain can't all this information at once :)
i swear, i was just going up and down and rotate left and right :)
who in this world invent these toys?

View attachment 121264
sometimes.... **** just goes south..... better people here to help, but hell of a video.

For while I was trying to figure out what happen the last seconds ?.
The drone was flying along and above the fence , hit a long tree branch which is not visible through the drone video, it lost its balance , hit the fence half metre above the ground and land upside down. I guess the impact wasn't so terrible and also the protective flight guard protected the propellers. ?

Prop guards are more of a hinderance in the wind. but I liked your choice of music. Very fitting for a flight that was pretty much doomed from the start.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJIMavic3cine