DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Emergency Stop motors mid flight?

SoapyGolem

Reactions
Sorry if this is a stupid question.... So I'm a little nervous about this feature because what if I'm flying my drone and I accidently hit the stop motor command and it falls from the sky? So In setting I noticed "emergency stop motors on critical error" so does these mean if I'm flying these stop motor commands won't work unless something fatal happens? Or no matter what this command will stop the quad. I put a pic for better understanding thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_0205.jpg
    IMG_0205.jpg
    384.1 KB · Views: 171
Wow, that would really be bad. Make sure you go into settings to fix that. How did you attach a photo like that, I am new on here?

You have to hold it down for 2-3 seconds for the motors to turn off. No way could you accidentally do that.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: Prop_Nut
From what I understand the critical stop blocks a stop from happening unless the drone encounters an error like crashing into tree branches. At that point the sticks can shutdown the motors to prevent further damage.

The motors stop when they detect resistance anyway, found that out the hard way using a tree.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

So no one really sure, if you hit this command the motors may stop mid flight? Just scared if I'm going through a obstacle with tight turns etc... I may hit these commands by accident

The motors stop when they detect resistance anyway, found that out the hard way using a tree.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots
Not always, they can chew through light branches unless you manually stop it.

So no one really sure, if you hit this command the motors may stop mid flight? Just scared if I'm going through a obstacle with tight turns etc... I may hit these commands by accident

You wont if you set it to only to stop by command during a flight error.

Sorry if this is a stupid question.... So I'm a little nervous about this feature because what if I'm flying my drone and I accidently hit the stop motor command and it falls from the sky? So In setting I noticed "emergency stop motors on critical error" so does these mean if I'm flying these stop motor commands won't work unless something fatal happens? Or no matter what this command will stop the quad. I put a pic for better understanding thank you.

You're worrying about something that's unlikely for a flier. Most new users only use one stick at a time until they figure out exactly how the drone will react to a stick input so the CSC is impossible. The CSC stick position is not a normal input & I've rarely heard of someone's bird falling out of the sky unless they were trying to see if they could cut the motors midflight.

I
You're worrying about something that's unlikely for a flier. Most new users only use one stick at a time until they figure out exactly how the drone will react to a stick input so the CSC is impossible. The CSC stick position is not a normal input & I've rarely heard of someone's bird falling out of the sky unless they were trying to see if they could cut the motors midflight.

I fly right down and turn left all the time for video shots, this would send my bird to the ground. Is there a way to stop this?

Read the the thread, notably the post just above the one you quoted?
And you need BOTH sticks in the corner.

Reactions: Joebie

The above shows a chap cutting the motors mid flight AND restarting..... So if you do manage accidentally trigger that feature.... Be sure to attempt the restart!

But really, as others have said, if you set it to only be enabled during errors etc, its no prob

Reactions: SpinItUp
Actually this seems like happening to me this week. Suddenly my DJI Mini 2 fell out of the sky and it looks like I per accidently activated the CSC command. I only hold it for 1,2 seconds so that time is enough to activate the CSC command. See this video of the event.

Attachments

• 1636155585086.png
    1636155585086.png
    144 KB · Views: 2
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom