DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

End of this hobby for all of us ?

This discussion has covered many of the issues with drone delivery, the possibilities of accidents, theft, hardware failures, being attacked perhaps, and more... Even if they were quiet, people would probably hear them, nothing is perfectly silent unless its gliding and a Quad or more props for a delivery drone is not going to be silent.

My two cents is this will only be viable for unique delivery locations, they will never ever replace a Prime Van or some other delivery method in city based markets.... There will probably not be any "free" drone delivery ever.. In some rural markets it might make sense, but it's going to cost you.

Helium balloons tethered by 50lb Spectrbraid should sort the buggers out..... think second world war barrage balloons.

The article in my local paper says deliveries would be by tether from 80 ft into the backyard of address. Once item released the tether is reeled in. 400 ft flight altitude and under 10lb payload. My backyard is blocked by trees??
Will see. ?

Reactions: KingRat
There's enough folliage around all the houses in my neighbourhood to block any deliveries. I couldn't get out of my garden with my Mavic Air 2.even if I wanted to. And if I could, the local magpies would be attacking the drones this time of year.

Reactions: KingRat
The article in my local paper says deliveries would be by tether from 80 ft into the backyard of address. Once item released the tether is reeled in. 400 ft flight altitude and under 10lb payload. My backyard is blocked by trees??
Will see. ?

Not true if the UK trial is the way it's going to be done in the US. Look here:

Wal-Mart heading there also.
It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Paul C

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acott