DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ESC errors and other first flight observations?

Bob N

Reactions
So today was my big day with my brand new M1P. I did the system updates to the bird and the controller. All went well. I did the imu calibration. And when I went outside I did the compass calibration. I miss the old compass dance but I really like the "new" way of spinning it in my hand instead.

I have 4 batteries. The first one used and the bird took off without incident. Then the next two generated an ESC error and something about something is wrong with the app? So I shut the bird down, the app down and the controller down. Restarted controller, restarted bird and restarted app. (Android on a Nexus 6) and that seemed to satisfy it each time. Any ideas on what this was about?

Observation. I started with the controller at 91% after fooling around with the imu calibration and then the compass. This petered out on me at 14% with an rc battery warning alarm. Alarm! Alarm. Everybody get from street! OR something like that. I was only able to fly 3 and about a half of my batteries before the controller was done.

I'm lovin' the bird but not the controller. Portability is nice but maybe it should have been an option to a "real" controller. According to HD, while in sport mode the bird hit 40.62 MPH. Awesome for a flying camera.

The controller battery will last longer after several more flights when it's battery metering system gets more dialed in. Just like a new phone.

On the controller, make sure it's not charging your phone at the same time. You'll have to do some research on your specific phone to see if you are able to disable charging the phone when attached to a USB.

Also, did you do the update to each of your four batteries, or just the one that was in the Mavic?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78