DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Etihad Airlines Transit via Abu Dhabi

garorica

Reactions
Have anyone here had an experience bringing the Mavic through Abu Dhabi with Etihad airlines?

I know how to handle the batteries, Lippo bag, protected terminals and carry into cabin.

I have been googling a lot without a single clue on how did you bring your drone transiting via this airport with that airlines?
should I put my Mavic (the body without battery) as a checkin luggage? Or is it ok as a cabin luggage?

Thank you, hope one of you have ever gone through this route

Cheers

Check Etihad Airways list of prohibited items. It seems ok to take a drone in your hand luggage

Etihad Airways
Believe me, I have read through Etihad website; no explanation regarding the drone but the battery.

My concern is the drone itself:
1. Checked in baggage - worry that I am going to lost it
2. Cabin/ hand luggage - worry that they will say its not allowed and will not able to take it onboard

You can always contact the airline and check. I fly a lot and at check-in desk I ask them if they allow drones. If not I always have a place in my luggage for it. I put it inside its original box which I find the best for packing in a suitcase. It’s light and solid. I only check the drone not the RC. The batteries and RC are always in my carry on.

Reactions: garorica
You can always contact the airline and check. I fly a lot and at check-in desk I ask them if they allow drones. If not I always have a place in my luggage for it. I put it inside its original box which I find the best for packing in a suitcase. It’s light and solid. I only check the drone not the RC. The batteries and RC are always in my carry on.
I tried contacting Etihad airlines, it was an automatic answers and I went through all option it diverted me to their website. 1 option put me on hold for never ending hope to talk to a real person.

Emirates regulation is quite clear:
Drone checked in luggage
Batteries hand carry
RC not an issue

Btw, thanks for the input.
I will pack it in to my original Mavic packaging then, yes, it looks like it gives a better protection

Reactions: Gray_seagull
Ok I got a reply from Etihad

Summarizing everything:

Etihad airlines Abu Dhabi transit allowed drone to be in a cabin/hand carry, so long as the battery (<=100Wh) is detached from the Mavic and declared upon checking in. Max spare drone batteries 2pcs

Emirates airlines Dubai transit, allowed the drone in checked in luggage and all other batteries in cabin/hand carry. The same rule of battery power applies. Declare that you bring a drone upon checking in.

Cheers, hope it helps those who travel via Abu Dhabi/ Dubai

Hello all,

Did you do your flight ? How was the control at abu dhabi airport ?

I fly from male to paris next week through etihad and abu dhabi will be interested by your feedback :)

Thx

Reactions: ziggyadam
Hello all,

Did you do your flight ? How was the control at abu dhabi airport ?

I fly from male to paris next week through etihad and abu dhabi will be interested by your feedback :)

Thx
Hi, how did it go with your transiting. I plan on buying a drone when im in Mexico and bringing it back to my country. Im transiting Via Paris then Abu Dhabi on the way back. Would be helpful to know how it went with you.

Thanks and cheers.

Hi, how did it go with your transiting. I plan on buying a drone when im in Mexico and bringing it back to my country. Im transiting Via Paris then Abu Dhabi on the way back. Would be helpful to know how it went with you.

Thanks and cheers.
What country are you planning to fly your drone in?

What country are you planning to fly your drone in?

Hi,

i will be flying it in my own country, it's allowed, but i am buying it during my travels and i am unsure about transiting with it through: Mexico City -> Paris CDG -> Abu Dhabi and arrive in Seychelles.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_